95%

"Apparently, Louise Pentland threw a big party last night for the people who wouldn't be able to celebrate after graduation cause they were going away." Phil told me, channel surfing on the tv in my room.

"Wow, sick invite Louise." I muttered. He flipped through the news where a story about teens that were killed in a drunk driving crash was being told, and around at least five horrible kids programs before settling on some stupid talk show.

"How do people think of things to talk about every week?" Phil asked.

"You seem to do it every minute."

"Maybe I'll have my own talk show." My phone rang as Phil day dreamed. "The Lester line. People call in with drama and-"

"It's PJ." I looked at my caller ID.

"Don't answer." He shrugged.

"I'm gonna anyways." I put the phone up to my ear. "What?"

"Dan?"

My eyebrows furrowed and I looked to Phil. "Mrs. Liguori?"

"Yes. I'm sorry to call, but I have to tell you something."

I looked to Phil. He mouthed what and I shrugged. "Is everything alright? Is PJ okay?"

"Please, just come over when you can."

"Sure, I'll be over soon."

"Thank you." She said, and hung up.

"What was that?" Phil asked when I put the phone down.

"She wants me to go to her house." I told him.

"Maybe it's a trap and PJ's gonna kill you."

"Hopefully." I sighed, swinging my legs over the bed. "I'll walk you halfway to your house if you want?"

"Nah, I'll just hang here for a bit. Adrian and I have an unfinished game of Life to complete."

"Alrighty then." I nodded. He closed his eye and puckered his lips, and I leaned into him and gave him a kiss. "Peace. If I die, you know why."

"Gotcha." He laid down on my bed and took out his phone. I made my way down my street and back towards the lake to PJ's house. When I got there, there were many cars outside, and a couple I didn't know left the house with devastated expressions.

I knocked on the front door, and was greeted by another person I didn't know. "I'm sorry, son. Were you a friend of PJ's?"

"I mean, I was, but we're in a kind of rough area right now."

The man only shook his head and stepped aside. I stepped in and walked to the living room. "Oh! Dan!" Mrs. Liguori stood from the couch she was on and hugged me tight. "Thank you for being so kind to PJ."

"I'm sorry, what's going on?" I asked her.

"I'm so sorry, Dan. PJ was killed in a car crash last night."

My whole body went numb. I took a step back and found myself sitting on a chair. "No."

"Yes. He was driving with a few others when he and Chris Kendall were hit head on by a drunk driver. Two other people were in the back seat but they're alive."

"No." I said again.

"I'm so sorry, Dan. He loved you so much." She put a hand on my shoulder.

I couldn't look at her. I couldn't move. "Chris too?"

"Yes. It was horrible. I'm so s-"

"Can I-I go to his room?" I stuttered, my voice cracking somewhere in between.

"Of course."