74%

And as quickly as I had anticipated it, tonight was to be prom. I felt like I had turned a corner and somebody slapped me in the face with a tuxedo.

Phil's attitude about prom had changed over the course of the last couple of days, and he was really excited about the whole situation. He even agreed to go to Felix's. I had everything laid out for the perfect night. We would eat dinner with Ian and Anthony, go to prom, and then spend the rest of the night at Felix's after party.

But Phil, of course, wanted to contribute too. True to his word, he had bought us matching dark blue corsages, and lost a fair amount of blood pinning them to our tuxes.

The dinner was fun. Ian and Anthony had ended up throwing rolls of bread at each other across the table, and almost got us kicked out. We didn't stopped laughing about it since we've gotten to the high school.

To be honest, prom wasn't that fun. I wasn't the dancing type, and normally sat down at parties like this. Phil tried to get me to dance a few times, but I refused. He spent most of the night with Ian, Anthony, and Louise, jumping up and down to the fast songs.

The real starting point of my night was when we all figured out someone spiked the drinks. I had noticed Phil looked a little tipsy, but he definitely wasn't drunk at the high school.

We lasted about 2 hours before people starting filing out and making their way to Felix's. Anthony drove us, and Phil tried to pep talk me into dancing at the mansion.

"Everyone will be drunk anyways!" He claimed.

I laughed. "I just can't dance, Phil. Honest."

"You told me you love when people think they can't dance."

"That's because I know I can't."

"Oh, come on! It's prom and you haven't danced once. You'll never get to experience it again."

"Yeah." I agreed. "I'll save you a dance."

"Thanks." He smiled, raising his eyebrows a few times.

So many people were already there when we arrived. The four of us walked in the mansion liked we owned the place, and were all awe struck at the sight. The living room had been transformed into a dance floor, and I literally couldn't hear myself think over the loud music.

Phil found another group of people and stayed with them, while I explored the mansion nonchalantly. I had wandered into the kitchen and saw the last person I wanted there.

"You look nice." PJ complimented. I scoffed. He took a sip of the drink in his hand.

"I don't want any more apologies." I explained.

"I'm not here to apologize to you, selfish Sadie." He taunted, rolling his eyes at me.

"Are you drunk?"

"I'm literally drinking water." He said, holding his cup out. "You know how I am with alcohol. It doesn't agree with me."

I laughed. "Remember that time after Anthony's you stayed up the whole night puking?"

He chuckled and twirled the cup around in his hand. I watched the water slide against the edges. "Horrible party, horrible drinks. I should've known."

We both laughed ourselves into a weird silence. He took another sip of the so-called water. "Where's your date?" I asked.

"Snogging someone else."

"Oh, I'm-"

"Where's yours?"

I pointed over my shoulder with my thumb. "Dancing. I think." My head followed my thumb as I nervously glanced towards the source of the music.

PJ sighed. He opened his mouth as if to say something, but took another long swig of his drink. "What?" I pressed. He shook his head. "What?" I tried again.

He shrugged. "It just seems weird that Phil came in between us."

I nodded slowly in realization. "Yeah, well, things always happen for a reason."

"Heard you aren't moving to Texas."

"You heard correctly." I stated.

"Whatcha gonna do then?"

"What's it to you?"

PJ furrowed his eyebrows. "Jeez. Never mind." He finished his water and put it on the counter behind him.

"I'm g-gonna go find Phil." I took a step back.

"Yep."

"See you around." I shrugged, pushing the door open.

I smiled to myself as the music consumed my thought process. Brushing past people grinding and jumping all over wasn't the easiest thing to do.

"Hey!" I yelled at Ian, trying to project my voice over the loud music.

"What's up?!" He screamed back.

"Have you seen Phil?!" I leaned closer to him so he could hear.

"Not for a while! He and Anthony were doing shots and things got out of hand." He said into my ear. "Anthony's puking in the bathroom, but I don't know what happened to Phil!"

"Thanks anyways."

He nodded and continued to dance to the music. I shuffled through until I found a bathroom I could fix myself up in.

I opened the door to see Anthony on the floor, hugging the toilet. "Sorry." I closed the door before he tried to make conversation.

My stomach was really churning, and I just needed to find a bathroom.

And maybe my date, too.

A/N:

Protect him at all costs

Sorry this chapter is a bit rushed as I'm going to a Supernatural convention in New Jersey!!!! Is anyone gonna be there tomorrow?

Also I already have the next chapter written do you want me to publish it? I'm just saying, you guys are in for it.