39%

Needless to say, we didn't make it very far.

Mom read Adrian's text, tracked him with a gps app, and called the police to bring us home.

The three of us sat in the back of the police car, and a few times Phil would grab my hand and give me a reassuring squeeze. I wondered if the policeman knew how to give me CPR after I fainted, and hoped Phil did.

Mom practically jumped on Adrian, grabbing him into a hug when we arrived back home. She scolded me incredibly, as if it were my idea that we had ran away, and forced me and Phil into my room until she was "ready to deal with us".

I sat on my duvet, shaking my head at our stupidity. "Phil..."

"Did you paint this?" He asked with his back to me, facing the canvas laid against my window.

"Yeah."

"You're amazing, Dan." He complimented. Would now be a good time to kiss him?

"It's not one of my greats..."

"You're joking! It's absolutely... Perfect!"

"If you like it so much, you can have it."

"Really..?"

"Yeah. For 1,000,000 pounds."

"There's the Dan I know."

I chuckled, my laugh mixing with a chime from Phil's phone. "Uh oh. Mom alert." Phil sighed, pulling out his phone from his pocket. I sighed as well , creating a lecture from my mother in my mind. I hadn't even started the punishment when Phil gasped incredibly loud. "It's from NASA!"

"No way."

"Yes!"

"Read it!"

"No." Phil shook his head, looking up at me as though his head would burst if he read one letter. "You read it..." He held out his phone to me.

I glanced up at him, and he nodded in acceptance. "Phil Lester.." I began, watching Phil cover his mouth with both of his hands. "We are very pleased to announce that we were extremely happy with your resume, and we would like to have an interview with you within the month of May." Phil squealed from behind his hands.

"We would also like to point out that you are a huge dork."

"Dan!"

"Sorry." I teased, continuing the actual email. "It's just a whole bunch of info about the meeting, and-" I was cut off by Phil's arms wrapping around my neck.

"They want to meet me!" He said into my ear, and I smiled.

"That's awesome, Phil." My arms slid around his waist, and I pulled him closer to me. He smelled so damn good.

Phil released me, and took his phone back, rereading the email as if I had read the wrong thing. My door swung open, and Phil and I turned to my very angry mother standing in the doorway. "Phil, I'm taking you home. Dan, come with us." She stated, before turning and leaving the room.

My mom was silent the entire car ride to Phil's, and never color boy nor I dared to say a word. Our breathing was barely even audible.

Phil's mom opened the door as we pulled up, engulfing her son in a hug the second he left our car.

"Mom. NASA wants to meet me."

"That's great, Phil. But right now we have to talk about this."

Mom leaned out the car window. "I'm going to have a long chat with my sons. Most likely no television for the rest of their lives."

"Mom!" I whined. Bad move.

"Be quiet, you. Or I'll do worse." She pointed her finger at me. I fell back into my seat.

"Phil. I'm very disappointed." His mother shook her head, placing both of her hands on Phil's shoulders.

"I'm sorry, mom. But-"

"I'm sorry too, Phillip. But I'm not permitting you to go to that interview."