28%

When I was in the fourth grade, I had changed schools. I walked into the classroom unwanted and unnoticed. I took a seat next to a young boy with a strange name.

PJ Ligouri.

Or as I called him, Pajama Linguini.

We hit it off immediately, and he asked me continuous questions.

"What's your favorite animal?"

"Llama."

"Favorite color?"

"I like... Black."

"Do you have any sisters?"

"I have a brother... He's very little."

"Who is the hottest girl in the room?"

"I don't think girls are hot."

"What?"

"I don't like girls."

"Oh..."

"I think boys are hot though."

"You do?"

"Yeah."

"That's cool. Favorite candy?"

The list went on and on, until he had ran out of things to say. We were friends ever since.

When I started freshman year, I had changed schools again. I walked in not wanting to be there, and not wanting to be noticed. In my math class, I was seated next to a young boy with strange hair.

Phil Lester.

Or as I called him, the nerd who no one gave a crap about.

I did not want to talk to him one bit, but he seemed to have all the questions.

"Do you have a favorite animal?"

"Nope."

"How about a favorite color?"

"Uh uh."

"Do you have any siblings? I have an older brother."

"No."

"Oh... Okay."

And he turned around. I shut him out because I thought he was weird. I shut him out because Pajama Linguini told me not to talk to him.

I moved seats in that class, and I didn't talk to color boy for three years. Until one month ago of my senior year.

I was desperately wanting to know him, and it's all because PJ had told me to talk to him.

They contrasted each other so much it was almost painful to think about.

And there in the alleyway, the sun shining on Phil's head, the building towering over PJ to cast a shadow. One was light, and the other, dark.

"PJ." Phil started, taking a step towards him. "We need to talk."

"You're cheating on me?" He asked.

Phil's eyebrows knitted together. "Huh?"

"I saw you two, sleeping this far away from each other." PJ held up his fingers a centimeter away from each other. It was an almost accurate representation.

"We slept on opposite sides of the blanket."

"Then explain this." PJ pulled out his phone, typing a few buttons in and looking back up at us. Phil's phone rang at the same time mine did.

He had came to us in the night, took a picture of us sleeping, and went back to his house. We were inches apart in the photo, turned to each other. "You're a stalker!" I yelled at him.

For a moment, PJ looked taken aback by my sudden outburst, but a smile appeared on his face. "And you're a cheater." He pointed at Phil.

I took a step forward to stand next to color boy's side. PJ laughed. "Why don't you tell him how in love you are with him, Dan?"

Phil slowly looked at me, but I kept my eyes locked on PJ. "Get the hell away from us."

"Whatever you want." Peej held his hands up in the air like there was a gun being pointed at him. "The whole school already thinks you're a freak, color boy." Phil turned back to him.

"Wait till they see this."