83%

A/N: I just want to point out that I hope I didn't offend anyone with Synesthesia with this story... Sorry if I did, it was never my intention. Also from reading previous comments, and I can't help but wonder wtf is the Forrest Fic.

The tension that sat in the room as Felix and Marzia entered was noticeable only to Phil, Dodie and I. Phil and Dodie were closer friends than I thought. He called her a 'new' friend, but they've seen to have known each other for some time.

In the living room, Phil was whispering to Dodie in French, and Ian and Anthony were fighting over the remote. Felix had excused himself to the bathroom so Marzia sat alone.

"Let's play Mario Party?" Anthony suggested. Ian murmured in agreement.

I sat beside Phil, sandwiching him between Dodie and I. "Une chemise verte qui ressemble à du vomi." He said to her while pointing at Ian, and she laughed.

"What?" I asked.

Phil shook his head. "Not important. Hey, Marzia. Could we speak in the kitchen?" He asked. She followed him out of the room.

Ian and Anthony were occupied with the video game, so I turned to Dodie. "Is it strange being around Phil, who is in love with colors?" I asked her.

"At first, I hated him." That sounded familiar. "I always didn't want to be around him cause all he ever did was talk about colors. I've come to appreciate them more now, the way he talks about them." She smiled. "He described them brighter after he met you."

"That's nice." I pressed my lips together.

"He doesn't really do it now, answer questions in colors. He used to do it all the time, but he rarely does it now."

Anthony yelled at Ian for losing the mini game, making me lose the question I had in my head. I chose not to think about it, and asked something else. "What do you think they're talking about?"

"He's probably asking her what she remembers, and she'll probably say she remembers, and they'll probably choose to keep it as a secret."

"Oh."

"Yeah. It's likely."

"Do you- Uhm... what grade are you in?"

"I'm a Junior." She replied. "What color are your shoes?"

"Black."

Dodie let out a short laugh. "Figures."

"Does it hurt, what you have?"

"Not really. It gets annoying after a while. Perhaps I'll get surgery someday for it one day." She shrugged with one shoulder. Dodie grabbed a remote and joined the video game. She sat down in the same spot and tilted her head towards me, keeping her eyes on the screen. "Phil'll probably leave you a note."

"Huh?"

"When he leaves. He dislikes goodbyes. He'll say it, but he'll leave you a note for closure." Dodie explained.

"How do you know that?" I asked.

"We spent the summer together and he gave me a note before school started."

"Oh." Was all I said before Phil and Marzia came back in. Felix followed behind a few moments later.

"How did it go?" I whispered to Phil.

"Fine. She remembers but she doesn't want Felix to know. We both agreed it meant nothing." He murmured a response.

"That's good." I nodded.

"Are you worried about Adrian?" Phil asked.

"Yes. I'll call later and ask about him. I'm mad at myself for being rude to him."

"He'll be okay." He held my hand and gave it a squeeze. "Tout va bien."

"I need to take a French class." I sighed.

"It means 'everything is okay'. Tout va bien."

"Two vab ya." I tried.

"Close."