35%

We drove.

Minutes turned to hours. Just leaving the town turned to leaving the premises.

Luckily, Adrian was asleep most of the ride so we didn't have to listen to him whine.

Phil and I were awkwardly silent, and I thanked the lord his radio worked to stun our silence.

3 hours later, we were nowhere near our little town.

Phil sang along to the Justin Bieber song we put on the radio for fun. I couldn't help but think of how I had lied to his face about liking him. The first thing I did to him was lie.

And color boy was so hard to read. He had wanted to cuddle, but he'd been asleep. He made us wear matching sweaters, but he was worried I would hate him for it.

I could tell Adrian was noticing something about me with Phil. The look on his face when I told him I was running away with him... Hopefully he won't do anything stupid.

I took my phone out and dialed my mother's number. I shut the radio off, leaving Phil to sing Bieber's high notes on his own. He opened his mouth to tell me off, but I raised my hand.

"Hi mom."

"Dan? Aren't you in school?" She asked.

"I'm in the bathroom. Just wanted to let you know that after school... I have a- uh... Charity clean up."

"Charity clean up?" My mother asked at the same time as Phil whispered.

"Yes. It was Phil's idea. We're going to clean up the school and donate money to charity. Charity clean up."

"I see. I'll text Adrian to see what he's doing after school." She told me. I told her I'd call her when I knew what was up, and hung up before things started to get emotional.

Phil did the same, picked up his phone and called his mom

"Hey mom. Yeup. Uh huh. I know. 92. Thanks. I-. Okay, mom. I love you too. Bye." The conversation wasn't as eventful as I thought it would be, but Phil seemed satisfied.

"Now, if we could get back to my song, I was just about to slay the Biebs at his own game." Phil joked, turning the radio back on and singing his little heart out.

"You're ridiculous." I told him.

"What?" Phil scoffed. "I can't hear you over this angelic voice." He turned the radio louder, draining out my laughter.

This was going to be a long ride where ever we were going.

A/N: I'm so close to 3k reads omg I love you guys! All your comments make me want to write more so thank you so much!