79%

I left Adrian's room and practically ran to the waiting room, where Phil and my mom were.

Phil stood when I turned the corner, and he stared at me like I had all the answers in the world and I was about to give him a lesson.

He opened his arms for a hug, but I grabbed his wrists and held his arms out in front of me. If he had them, I've never seen them before... Maybe I was oblivious?

"Where are they?"

"Where are-?"

"Adrian said you showed him something. Where?" I demanded.

His eyes widened. "I don't know what you mean?"

"Show me." I said, more of a plea.

His eyes flickered between mine for a moment before he sat down. He rolled his shorts back, revealing a plethora of cuts and scars from his boxer line to his mid thigh.

I put my hand over my mouth. "No." I murmured to myself.

"I haven't done it for a while. Honest." He stared at them.

I could've fainted with all the stress in my head. I backed away from him and found myself walking back to Adrian's room. Phil didn't call for me, and I didn't look back.

"So, you decide to jump off a bridge because I didn't care for you?" I asked my little brother. He only looked at me. "Ade, you need to tell me. Mom wants to send you to a mental hospital for a little if you don't talk about your feelings."

"Troye has an ex." Adrian shrugged. "And he got everybody to hate me, even Troye. Nobody at my school likes me either."

"13 year olds are so brutal." I laughed. He didn't find the humor in it. "Listen, dude. You gotta talk about these things."

"Are you kidding me?!" He sat up and yelled. "You did not just tell me to talk about it!"

"I-I... Did?"

"I TRIED TO TALK TO YOU ABOUT IT!" He screamed. "I tried and tried and you pushed me away! Maybe I want to go to the mental hospital to get away from you!"

I clenched my fists. "Go then!" I almost said something else, but he had been through a lot, and I had already made it worse. I left his room as a nurse rushed in.

Phil stood again when I rounded the corner, his pants lay neatly over the scars. Mom wasn't there.

"Is he okay?" Phil asked.

"Yes."

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." I nodded.

"Dan..."

"I'm fine." I repeated harshly.

"You're not."

"I'm-" My voice got caught in my throat and I closed my eyes. "I have other people to worry about."

"Let me take care of you, Dan." Phil cupped my face in his hands. "Let your parents take care of him, and come home with me. I'll make some coffee and we can watch a movie and you won't have to lift a finger."

"Okay." I said, it was barely audible though, and Phil wouldn't've heard it if he weren't standing so close to me. He kissed me quick and led me out of the hospital. I was grateful. One more second in there and I would've burst.