18%

One week later and nothing had changed.

PJ still obsessed over me 'obsessing' with Phil. I think the final straw was when I canceled plans with him to hang out with color boy. He told me if I didn't want to be his friend anymore then to just tell him straight up. I didn't get a chance to say anything before he walked down the hall and away from me. That was on Thursday.

The following Monday, I sat down with Phil at his private lunch table. I kept noticing how he would glance to the side every time he thought I wasn't looking.

"Phil?" I asked.

"Mhm?" He muttered, turning his head sharply. For a moment, our eyes met, and I thought he had kicked me in the stomach. But when he looked down, I realized my gut was twisting and turning on its own.

"What are you looking at?"

"I... You know when you asked me if I did anything over the weekend?"

"Uh huh."

"Well..." His voice trailed off. My eyebrows rose in hope that he would continue.

"C'mon, Phil!" I blurted.

"I'm seeing someone."

"Yeah, and I'm looking at you too." I teased, when it hit me. "What?"

"I'm dating someone."

I've never gotten punched before, but I suspect this is what it would feel like. No matter what, I may or may not have just lost Phil Lester.

"Who?!" I raised my voice. "Wait, when?"

"I'll just tell the full story." He put his book down, leaving the covers open face down on his page. "Your friend PJ and I were talking the other day-"

"In person or text?"

"Person." He answered. What the hell, PJ? "He told me about the girl who had a crush on me."

"What? Who?" I asked. I had so many questions to ask him.

"Cat." I knew Cat. She didn't have a crush on Phil. Cat was one of the people who didn't really know who Phil was.

"Well, PJ turned her down for me and..."

"And?"

"We started talking and now we're dating."

"You and Cat?"

Reason number 18 not to fall in love with Phil Lester:

"Me and PJ."