38%

"Maybe.. Maybe we should head home." Phil suggested, as a result to my vomit in the barrel outside of the car.

"No. We drove this far, let's keep going." I pressed, closing my eyes and leaning back against the seat.

"The picture is funny though!" Adrian laughed, still holding the photo of Phil and I with linked arms, as I screamed my head off.

I rolled my eyes. "Ade, text mom you have something to do after school."

"Already did."

"What did you say?" I questioned.

"That I was going on a road trip."

"What!?" I turned around.

"I didn't lie! I promise!" He put his hands in the air as if there were a gun pointed at him.

"The whole point was to lie!" I cried, shaking my head.

"I stretched the truth like you do."

"What did she say?"

"She hasn't answered." Good. She was still at work so that would buy us some time. "At least I didn't say something horrible like 'charity clean up'.." Adrian taunted, and Phil snorted.

"Let's talk about something else." Phil suggested. I tried to relax back in the seat. Adrian made me feel like I was back on that roller coaster. "Adrian. What do you want to be when you grow up?"

"Maybe a doctor." My little brother responded.

"That's great! I'd want to be-"

"An astronomer." Adrian cut me off. "Dan told me."

"Oh?" Phil glanced over at me with a small smile. "Did he?" He laughed.

"Yep. And he said you put stars on your ceiling. And that you're brilliant for doing it."

My eyes widened. "Ade..." I growled, feeling my cheeks flush. I could almost hear the clicking of the roller coaster.

"He also said you have really pretty eyes."