Imagine Dick Grayson

Imagine Dick experiencing the best New Years party.......

"Why are you telling us this again?" Stephanie asked. 

Dick motioned for her to sit down, "Because we need to grown closer as a family, and because it's a great story.  Oh! And we have to stay up until midnight so we can say hello to the new year."

Tim rolled his eyes and laid down on the loveseat, "Just make it quick, I have a really bad headache." 

"Yeah, and I'm not feeling myself, Grayson." Damian groaned. 

"Well at least Stephanie and Jason will listen well to my story." 

Jason laughed, "You thought I would be paying attention, wow, you really have gone insane."

Stephanie shrugged, "I'll try." 

"It happened long ago.  It was the best New Years party I had ever witnessed.  A few of my friends and I had gotten together and were ready to bring in the new year with a bang.  So it was around 11:30, most of us had partied the night away and were slowly started to drift away.  I had to save it somehow, I mean, I didn't want to be the only one awake.  While I was walking over to the....."

"Um, Dick, are you talking about the police new years party that happened like two years ago?" Stephanie interrupted. 

"Maybe." Dick glanced at her, "But that's beside the point.  Anyway, before I made it back to the radio to turn up the music, someone stopped me.  I turned to see who it was, it was a woman, who I surprisingly didn't recognize.  She told me that she had an errand to run, and she would greatly appreciate it if I looked after her daughter while she was out.  This first thing that got me was that there was a child at the party.  But, despite my questioning I told her I would look after her daughter." Dick grabbed a piece of paper and pencil and drew the outline of the house, "Now keep in mind the guy's house I was at was huge, almost as big as the manor.  The woman told me that her daughter was out by the pool.  When I made it out there, there she was, the daughter I was to watch.  I don't remember her name of the top of my head, but she was playing contently with her toys.  So there was a radio outside that I was listening to, it said that there had been reports of breaking and entering.  I was like holy cow really?"

"Dick where are you going with this story?" Jason asked. 

"Shh," Dick shushed him, "I was on high alert after that, then all of a sudden I turned my head ever so slightly to see a man wearing all black running into the shed.  I freaked out yelled hey and ran after him.  When he came back out of the shed he was holding wood."

"He was stealing wood?" Stephanie rose an eyebrow. 

"Yes, now would you please let me finish?" 

Stephanie and Jason nodded. 

"Ok, so this guy took off with the wood in his hand.  I tried yelling hey again, but none of my voice came out.  I panicked and ran after him, but he stopped suddenly and dropped all of the wood he had in his hands.  He turned and looked straight at the girl I was to be watching.  Then he ran, straight for her, and she did nothing.  He ran straight into the pool, so naturally I followed him, but instead of my running through the water like he was, I ran on the water.  Eventually I caught up to him, and pushed him down.  Once he was down, I grabbed a random bucket that came out of nowhere and knocked him out." 

"Great story Dick." Stephanie said blandly. 

"And that was my dream I had that great new years night."

Jason stood up, "I knew that couldn't have been real." 

BONUS SCENE

"Tim." Stephanie poked Tim.  

Tim stirred in his place and cracked his right eye open, "Happy New Years." 

"Happy New Year." He replied, "You're still awake?"

"Yeah, are you feeling any better?" 

Tim shook his head, "No, I'm afraid my headache isn't gone.  It feels like people are shoving needles in my brain." 

"Sorry, at least it's not as bad as Damian's situation." 

Stephanie moved so Tim could see Damian.  Damian, was passed out on the couch, Dick slowly rubbing his back, "He started throwing up just after midnight.  Poor little guy made a mess everywhere and Bruce nearing had a heart attack." 

"Wow." Tim looked around, "Where's Jason." 

"He's asleep.  Dick nearly bored us to death with his story." 

"Now this, this is a New Years story I will get to tell in the future." Dick looked at Damian, then at Tim.

Alfred laughed at the four who were in the living room, "Happy New Years everyone!  May your year be filled with blessings!" He waved.