" Chapter 2 ~ "

I closed the doors and lock them up tight like uncle bow told me to. and I turned around and looked into the kitchen and this heavy emptiness hit me while I looked at my papa's favorite chair. how I miss him so much, 

well I walked into the kitchen to make me a hot cup of tea before I settle down for bed. so I sat at the table with my tea wishing I had company for the night maybe tomorrow I will ask my cousin Sam 

if she will come and stay with me for a few days. as I was sipping my tea I heard something outside" I jumped up from my chair" to look out the window to see what it was, but it was too dark to see anything it sound like"someone was walking around the house" and whatever it was it sure sound big it was not known to sound small animal and now here I am alone and scared I know I have guns but the idea of being alone scares,

me what if it's someone trying to break in please lord I hope not this is crazy now I will be up all night worrying. I walk to the bedroom very slowly and quite and grab one of the guns. and went back to the living room and I sat down on the couch with my hands shaking not knowing who is out there. and oh my will they try to break in now I'm gone to sit here and make myself crazy.

this is just great so I listen to try to hear if it is still out there and sure enough it is what is it doing out there. oh, my did I lock the windows"I don't know but to scared to go check but I have to go check. so I grab the gun sitting next to me as I got up very slowly and quite I walk to the bedroom and checked the windows,

then went back to the living room and check the window there to with a sigh of relief they are locked" thank goodness so I went back to the couch and sat down with my gun by my side and I pulled some covers up on my lap hugging the pillow how I just wanted to cry.

why is this happening to me I don't understand what I ever do anyone, at all how I wish my papa was here with me he always made me safe, now I'm here all alone and afraid. but I know my papa is watching down on me right now, so that made me feel some ease anyway I didn't know what time it was just sitting there, I must of doze off,

 I was awakened with a big bang at the door I jump up off the couch almost out of my skin I yelled out who is it it's your uncle bow child you are late what you mean it is late we suppose to leave at 8 I looked around it was morning already.

I hurry to the door and unlocked it and said I'm so sorry uncle bow I didn't get much sleep last night. there was something walking around the house. he looked down to the ground and said hurry child we are running late the family is waiting on us chop chop get dress. ok ok, I'm gone, gee whiz.

you old grouch what did you say, Carla, oh nothing uncle bow just hit my toe. come on child you are slower than molasses. thinking to my self-man he is rushy all the time, he needs to chill are you ready child yes uncle bow I'm coming now well hurry then ok I'm coming.

so I rush out the door and headed down the dock in a running speed well uncle what you waiting for we are late chop-chop. he looks at me with that mean looking face but he could not hold for long with a little smile he said "child, you are so much like your papa in every way,

then I looked down with a frown with sadness in my heart because I know how uncle Bow was feeling, because papa is his youngest brother in the family and they were close you couldn't  tear them apart ever. so we headed to the boat to go lay my papa down to rest and I asked uncle bow what was going on he said"my child what do you mean "

things seem different out here it not the same and he said what do you mean child I don't know uncle it is just crazy now I'm hearing things outside and you don't hear the birds and cricket and stuff like you did anymore. where did it all go? he said child did you read the letter I gave you from your papa ooh know uncle I was so tired and overwhelmed over everything I forgot.

he said that's ok child when you get the chance you will see, I said what uncle what will I see why y'all keeping me in the dark like this he laughed"you silly child we are not keeping you in the dark it is just something your parents need to tell you. 

well uncle if you have not noticed I have no one now to tell me he said child just read the letter and  you will understand - understand what just what  uncle, why Y'all got me gone in circles, know he said, child, it is not us that have you gone in circles it is you just slow down and breath, and listen to what is around you and stop always being in a rush.

that's what is wrong with y'all young kids these days always in the hurry, just don't know how to slow down breath in the air and just listen. and enjoy life. ok, uncle, I will remember that just slow down and breath. he looks at me and said"you always got to be sassy, don't you?

sorry, uncle, I don't try to be. it is just in the blood he looked at me and giggle he said I guess so child I guess so come on getting on the boat we are already late, well we finally made to the big old weeping willow tree where we were gone to lay papa to rest to next to ma'ma, that was his and ma'ma's favorite place to be it use to be there favorite hang out when the was young.

and I looked at the big old tree with a big carved of a heart with their names, as tears roll down my face I looked up at uncle bow and said I'm sure gone to miss them a lot now I'm all alone my uncle bow looked down to me and said"child I'm gone to miss them too and don't you  worry you will always have me.

I hugged my uncle so heard with tears overflowing my uncle bow said child it will be ok and they will always be with you just remember that ok. yes, uncle, I know it's just so painful to let go, yes my child I know but it will get better ok. yes uncle thank you for being here with me, child what kind of uncle I would have been if I was not here for my brother and my little niece.

just wanted to tell you to thank you any way I love you uncle bow with a giggle he gave you better love me child because who else would put up with you any way I gave out a little giggle I know right. he said"I love you to you little sassy thing.

well everybody was saying their goodbyes putting their flowers upon his grave as they were leaving one by one heading back to their boats and then it was just a few of us left uncle bow and some cousins. uncle bow said child I will leave you for a few so you can say your goodbyes ok. yes, uncle thank you, I kneel down and said a prayer I never said goodbye but till we meet again.

I said uncle I'm ready whenever you are ok child we are fixing to leave. and get you back to the house before it gets too late. and too late to see ok uncle I will be right here.

" Lurking In The Shadows"जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें