Chapter 10 : Hospital

Chapter 10 : The Hospital

I slowly opened my eyes, blinking rapidly to adjust to the bright, white light. I groaned as I tried to yawn, but held down by tons of weird tubes and needles. I nearly screamed, I was as deathly afraid of needles as I was deathly afraid of bugs. And my fear of bugs? Let’s just say... I’m very scared of them. The last time I saw an ant in my house, I was running around the house yelling for people to get it outside. I mean... I didn’t want to kill it, but it was scaring me.

“Look! She’s awake!” I winced as I heard someone yelled quite loudly into my ear.

“I’m gonna go deaf,” I moaned.

“Sorry!” Alix yelled just as loudly. That moment my eyes finally adjusted and I could see again I saw her huge brown eyes staring into mine.

“Ugh, I feel terrible,” I muttered.

“You should,” Logan’s voice informed me from a little bit away.”You’ve got bruises all over your skin, a couple bruised ribs, both your ankles are fractured.” I let out a small groan. I turned my head and met his eyes. His chocolate eyes were glazed over with fear and sorrow. I reached up to hug him. “Thanks for helping me,” I said. He smiled slightly and hugged me, trying not to touch any of the tubes or needles.

Aaron suddenly jumped in. “Oh my, Reena. You’ve had us worried for ages. Emphasis on ages.”

I nearly jumped up. “Wait, how long have I been here?”

“A year,” Aaron said solemnly.

“5 months,” Alix muttered.

“A month,” Elle squealed.

“A week,” Nolan whispered.

I raised an eyebrow. “Ummm, yeah... “ I muttered sarcastically, “No.”

“Only a couple hours. But it’s true everyone was worried about you. Kaitlynn’s really going to get it.” Logan said. I didn’t have anything to say to that. I really did hope Kaitlynn would get it. Whatever Logan had in store for her.

The nurse busily came over, cautiously taking off most of the tubes and needles because I really wanted to get up and my ijuries weren’t so serious. I mean, they were still so bad my mom would probably faint looking at me. I winced and looked at my arms. Basically all visible skin was purple, except my face. Except, my face wasn’t visible from my point a view, but whatever. I guess even cliquey cheerleader typical high school story girls didn’t mess up faces. Maybe for future encounters, like that history lesson we had a while back in eighth grade.

During the French and Indian War in the British colonies, at Fort William Henry, the French beat the British and granted them good surrender terms, but when they British were being escorted to Fort Edward, Indians attacked so then the French thought the British wouldn’t give such nice surrenders to them if that situation ever happened. Not that you probably care about history. Maybe I am a nerd.

Anyway, I meant they probably wouldn’t want other people hitting their, what they call, “pretty faces.” Not like they probably thought that far, whatever. For whatever reason, I didn’t know why they were actually quite merciful. I won’t ever know how head cheerleader bullies’ minds work. It’s quite a mystery.

Anyway, I was getting off the topic. When the nurse brought over some hospital food, I pushed it away and flinched, while everyone else was laughing. Aaron and Elle went out to get Subway for everyone, or whatever they wanted.

When they got back, I looked at the sub in wonder. Real... actual... food.

Suddenly, everyone burst into laughter and the nurse gave me a dirty look. My eyes widened. Had I actually said that aloud? I really needed to work on my saying what I was thinking aloud problem.