Chapter 2 : Seventeenth

Thanks for reading again! Enjoy!

********************************************************************

Chapter 2: Seventeenth

Lance turned to me, “You got any good food?”

I shook my head, “No, the usual healthy stuff, and plus, I’d never trust you again on a food dare. No way, ever, ever, ever.”

He grimaced, but didn’t say anything. It would take a whole lot of convincing to get Lance to admit defeat.

Then, he jumped up, and ran outside. We all followed him out my front door.

The moment I stepped outside, I was greeted by a wave of warm, humid air. Even though humid days were usually horrible, today, it seemed quite nice. A warm breeze flowed past my face, letting my wavy black hair fly with the wind. The sky was cloudless, a brilliant blue. Like Lance’s eyes.

I looked around at all my friends, savoring the moment. After all, it was 2:22PM, the exact time I was born. Seventeen. It felt magical, real. Even though no huge event like being able to drive came on 17th, it still felt great.

I met all their eyes and smiled. They were all grinning like crazy too, since they could hear the tiny alarm on my phone for 2:22. My eyes met Lance’s brilliant blue ones, Aaron’s chocolate brown ones, Elle’s pale blue eyes, Alix’s dark brown. I grinned. This was the best birthday ever, before the magical year of senior year. I was basically jumping for joy.

Then, Lance leaped toward the hose and adjusted it so it was on the jet setting. Suddenly, we were all getting sprayed with water.

I squealed with surprise, as did everyone else, except Aaron, who had leaped to attack Lance with the watering can. The hot-pink watering can with little flowers on it.

Alix screamed and ran for cover.

Lance yelled, “This is my dare! War with water!” he screeched.

Elle was screaming and jumped at Aaron with a can of Coke. He poured it on his head and he whirled around. “You’re dead,” he glowered at her under a head of sopping, light, brown hair. He glared at the blonde another time and lunged. “Just ‘cuz you’re a girl doesn't mean I’m going easy on you!” He tackled Elle and she fell down, screaming.

Lance started chasing Alix with the hose, and it kept unraveling, until they were on the porch. He’d cornered Alix next to the railing and was cackling loudly.

The sight was hilarious, I couldn't help laughing.

Soon enough, all four of them were soaked. I doubled over, laughing at them. Their heads turned towards me and regarded me coldly.

“Looks like we forgot someone,” Lance whispered mischievously. He cackled like a madman and turned the hose toward me .

I whimpered quietly, and scared, backed away from Lance. Step by step, focused on the threat in front. Unfortunately, scared, I didn't notice Aaron approaching from behind.

I jumped nearly 30 feet into the air and hissed a breath. “Aaron!” I screamed. Coke was dripping down my shirt. I shivered but quickly got over the shock. I jumped up, grabbed three coke bottles and grinning evilly, I reached into my pocket.

My hands touched the small pack of Mentos and a wider grin spread across my face. I nimbly took one in my fingers and pinched it with my index finger and thumb with appreciation. Behind my back, I unscrewed the top to the coke and dropped the Mento in. As fast as possible, I screwed it tightly back, as far as it’d go. Then, I chucked the bottle onto the ground in front of Aaron. He jumped and quickly got away. The explosion was insane, bubbles flew everywhere, and it sprayed everyone close by.