Chapter 47-Star Dorm (Part 1)

Draeyer Academy
Drae Skyland
Northeastern Space

Alec's pen flew over the paper's smooth surface. However, he crumpled it and tossed it in the garbage. He groaned and rubbed his head. That was the fifth paper. He needed to calm down and concentrate and he did so by taking deep breathes. With his hands slamming on the table, he sighed. He resumed writing.

Ink flowed from the pen with each stroke, leaving behind words written in neat cursive. His brows remained furrowed as he wrote the words coming from his mind. Once he finished the last sentence, he dropped his hand and read over his work. He paused when he heard faint knocks on his door before telling the person to come in. It swung open, just in time for him to turn and see who it was. A smile flew to his face when he saw her.

"Good evening, Solana."

The blonde stood behind his half-open door, staring at him with a small smile on her face. "Good evening to you too. I was wondering if you were all right. I heard you groaning and slamming your hands on the table."

"I'm fine," he said. He motioned for her to come in, and she did so with reluctance. His head tilted to the right, finding her hesitation odd. Usually, she would barge in without permission, startling him out of his bed or seat in the process. "I was just making my Literature homework. It's my first time to write a poem, and I'm not very good."

Solana stepped closer and leaned over his shoulder. "Can I read it?"

He nodded and handed her his homework. Once she took it in her hand, he suddenly had a rush of embarrassment. With his face turning red, he pressed his head on the table. She read aloud.

"Hear the calling of your Drae

Lock eyes and share your fate

Loyal and forever by your side

Always there as you take your strides

Either to walk the path of light

Or tread on the trail as dark as night

Whisper and caress to the open air

No song from them, nature despairs

The loss shall tip the balanced scales

And bring the fall of the heaven realm."

There was a long silence which followed. He groaned quietly. A hand landed on his shoulder and his head lifted from the wood. Her chuckles made his head turn and glare at her with his icy eyes. His face though, still had a faint red hue.

"The last time I saw you that flushed was when my mother called you handsome―which by the way is true," Solana said as she placed the paper on the table. He mumbled a "Don't remind me" under his breath, which only turned her chuckles in to a full blown laugh. She calmed at once when she saw the glower he sent her way.

"It's good, Lec. Nothing to be embarrassed about it," she said. "Is this the one where Professor Faun asked to make a poem about latest experiences?"

He nodded up at her as he tucked his homework in his Literature book. "It's about when I became a Draeyer and witnessed my first Preservene. I have no title for it though."

She nodded. The following silence could only be described as awkward. He released another breath before twisting in his wooden chair to face her.

"How are you?"

She clasped her hands as she threw her gaze to the floor, effectively avoiding his questioning eyes. "I'm...good. Thank you for the soup you and Areisha made for me a few days ago. It actually surprised me that the both of you did it."