Chapter 17-Attacked

Draeyer Academy
Drae Skyland
Northeastern Space

Knox stared open mouthed as he watched water spray into the air when Alec fell to the lake. He ran to the lake, only to stop and cover his ears, when all the Draelings' loud screeches filled the air and thrashed around in their Draeyers hold. Professor Gravis' hand also flew to one of his ears, when the Draes advanced toward him, causing groans to escape his lips.

All the little creatures' sharp teeth protruded out of their mouths as they bore their fangs at the teacher. In an instant, they stopped and turned away to the direction of the lake. Knox followed their gaze, and saw Alec stepping onto the lakeshore. Water dripped down his body while his wet hair hung low and covered his eyes from view. Silence, returned with the exception of Alec's boots making wet sounds as he crossed over the grass and the distance between him and Professor Gravis.

"Alec, are you alright?" Knox said as he met him. But to his surprise, he passed him without so much as a glance, and continued to advance at their professor. He whirled his head around and found the baby Draes parting away as they lowered their heads in Alec's presence.

"Came back for more, runt?" Professor Gravis said. Gasps filled the air, as Alec jumped. Gravis stumbled back as Alec, clung to his shoulder and twisted his body around his like a snake, knocking the air out his lungs. A grunt escaped Alec's lips as his feet landed firm on the ground, and threw Gravis over his shoulder. Before hitting the grass, Gravis used his only arm to stop his fall, and flipped over to standing position. Knox saw a familiar smile flew to his teacher's face and he knew well what that meant.

"Professor, this needs to stop," he yelled. Professor Gravis turned his attention to him, and smirked.

"This is my Combat class, Munstone," he said. "You know that very well, so stay out of it, and the rest of you runts should watch."

Alec's sudden appearance to his side with a raised fist caused Gravis' attention to snap away from them. He raised his arm and blocked, but winced at the impact. Alec pulled away and spun with a leg outstretched. Gravis ducked and brought his fist from under Alec. The young man dropped on the ground, when it connected with his cheek. He lay motionless, as Professor Gravis moved forward while wiping sweat away from his forehead.

Once there, Alec's legs shot out and snaked around Gravis' leg. He rolled over, twisting his body, bringing along the man's large limb. The large professor hit the hard ground face first, and yelled out as Alec's weight fell on his back. The latter's arm wrapped around his neck. Alec tugged on Gravis' neck and leg to meet on the middle of his spine, as the professor's body arched to the ground. Gravis' face turned from red, blue to purple, as he grasped Alec's hand around his neck, and tried to pry him off.

"Bloody...Blazen," he said in between his gasps for air in Alec's tight hold. Knox stared open mouthed as his powerful sight caught Alec's eyes turning two shades of blue darker than before. Alec leaned into Gravis' ear and whispered something which caused the older man to stop struggling. Their teacher's body slackened as his eyes dropped closed.

"He couldn't be..." Knox whispered, as he ran forward with urgency. Before he could reach Alec, two figures' shadows flew above them. Loud powerful roars filled the air soon after, as two familiar men landed on the soft green grass. Kreis ran forward and kicked Alec off Gravis, and pinned his writhing form on the ground.

"What happened to him?" Gael said as he stalked toward them.

"You can ask that later! Just knock him out," Kreis said as he struggled to keep Alec under his weight. The students and Knox fell quiet as their Professor Gael fell to his knees and held Alec's head in his hands. He pressed on his temples and Alec stopped moving before his head lolled to the grass, unconscious.