Chapter 31-Visitations

Draeyer Academy
Drae Skyland
Northeastern Space

"Alec!"

His eyes flew open at the sound of Solana's shrill voice. Instead of waking, he brought his pillow over his head and ignored his bedroom door bursting open. He even paid no heed to the two sets of footsteps which followed after.

He sat up at once when he felt the left side of his bed sink from someone's weight. The moment he did, small hands grasped his shoulders and shook him like a leaf amidst a powerful storm.

His tiredness from the previous night of late studying, mixed with the sudden movements, gave him the urge to vomit whatever what's left in his stomach. He brought his arms up and held Solana in place by her shoulders. He narrowed his eyes at her.

"Quit it Solana!" he said. "I'm going to hurl!"

The blonde broke out of his hold and fell back on his bed. Her laughter soon filled the room and bounced off the walls. Snapping his head to the door, he found Knox joining his sister in her laughing fit.

"What do you guys want so early in the morning?" he said. He threw his covers off of him and sat on the edge of his bed. As he rubbed his eyes, he felt something land on his lap. He looked down to find Leyan curling into a ball before resuming his sleep. "You woke me and my Draelings."

"Gael is downstairs with our parents," Knox said. They glanced at Solana who was still laughing, although not as loudly as before.

Alec raised a brow at them in question, before his eyes fell on Solana. She wiped the tears from the corners of her eyes, before speaking.

"Father and Mother said they wished to meet you before we leave," she said. "Gael also said that he needed to tell you something."

Alec groaned and his torso fell back on his bed. As he spoke, he ran a hand over Leyan's wings. "Isn't it too early for that? I haven't even bathed yet."

"And what makes you think we have?" Solana said. He sat back up, and scrutinized the twins' appearances. Both of them had disheveled hair, Solana's in particular was messier than a bird's nest. They were both in their white sleeping attires that almost looked identical.

"Fair enough," he grumbled.

"Besides," Knox said, "Gael said he'd drag you out of bed if you don't."

With that, Alec grumbled curses under his breath while he stood. He rounded his bed and placed Leyan back with his siblings. He crouched there staring at his Draelings snoring on their bed, until he yawned.

"I hope what he has to say is important," he said. The twins went ahead and exited his room. He followed not a few moments later. He turned and left a small gap on the door, incase his Draes awoke and come looking for him. He hurried through the halls and reached the stairs while stretching his tense neck and shoulders.

"Morning you sleepyhead!"

He looked over the banister and found Gael grinning up at him. He scoffed at the nickname and took his time threading down the stairs. He turned his attention back to the man, only to find him talking to two unfamiliar people who looked to be in their early 40s. Solana and Knox sat side by side on the blue loveseat he usually sat on.

Once he stood behind one of the single chairs, the woman smiled at him the same way he has seen mothers beaming at their children back in Arktis. Her warm brown eyes held his for a few moments before she spoke.

"Oh Kosmos above!" she said. She stood. Her simple green dress swished along with her raven black hair from each step she took toward him. His eyes widened when she cupped her soft hands over his cheeks. "What a handsome young man!"