Chapter 35-Council of Heavens

Maenin City- High Council Manor
Cetrulis Skyland
Central Space

A quiet groan escaped Gael's lips as a woman led him through the elegant white and yellow hallways of the High Council Manor.

He knew for a fact that Headmaster Donovan had a lot of people at his disposal. However it just had to be him―among the others―that had to run this errand of his. Having known the old man for more than a decade, he was aware that he liked to do things by himself. When he asks or sends someone to do something for him though, he had ulterior motives for the unlucky person.

And now, he was that unlucky person. He also knew what Donovan's hidden agenda was for sending him there. At that point in time, he hated the cunning old geezer and regretted ever telling him his biggest secret.

He clutched the thick envelope he held in his hand, and almost crumpled it if he failed to notice. He sucked in a breath when the dark-haired lady stopped before large double doors. Gold paint colored the doors and the images of the sun, stars clouds, and the twin moons carved on to it. He released his breath and checked his clothing and hair, making sure nothing looked out of place. A bitter smile fell on his lips. When was the last time I stopped worrying of how I look in front of people, he thought.

The woman knocking on the doors broke him out of his thoughts. A gruff voice called out to come in followed soon after. The lady bowed to him before walking away. He grasped the knob, twisted, and pushed it ajar. He kept his gaze on the blue carpeting, even as pushed the doors closed behind him. When he heard it click, he lifted his head and kept a neutral expression on his face.

"Good morning Augusts," he said. He bent his upper body forward in a bow before he continued. "It's an honor to be in your presence once more."

Silence followed his greeting, before a soft controlled laugh of a woman broke it. He straightened and shifted his green gaze to the only female sitting around the round table where a sun was carved along with images of Kosmos' three Draes curled on its rays.

"Fenrin, stiff as always I see," the old woman said, "and finally a grown man." She smiled, and more of her wrinkles showed on the corners of her eyes. She brushed a lock of graying hair away from her face and tucked it behind her ear. Her warm brown eyes still shined the same way Gael remembered. She didn't look like she aged at all since their last meeting―which was more than half a decade ago.

Astrin Graesiun. She was the only woman in the Council and by far the oldest and wisest among them all. Mainly responsible for judging and leading the trials in the High Court for Kosmiks' vilest criminals.

"It is only proper August Astrin," Gael said. The old woman only shook her head at him before beckoning him forward.

"Since you're here as well, I would like to ask how my rebellious son is doing in Draeyer Academy," a redhead man asked with his dark brown eyes locked on to him.

Ronel Lun Versulies. He was known for being one of the people responsible of the prosperity of the Skylands' economies. He was Reinand's―or simply Rei's―father. He resisted the urge to frown in anger at the man for not even making an effort to check on his son on his own. However, with the current status between the father and son, it was impossible for them to see each other without one of them cutting the other's throat open. At least he's asking for the student's well being, his conscience said. That means he cares.

"He's fine August Ronel," he said. "His unruly tendencies have stopped...for now I suppose."

"Good," Ronel said with firm nod. "I can't have him tainting the family name more than he already has. His older brothers won't always be there to clean up after him."