Chapter 16- Professors

Draeyer Academy
Drae Skyland
Northeastern Space

Alec yawned as he watched his homeroom classmates standing and leaving out the door. Professor Meolie stood behind her desk, preparing her things for her next class. Alec stood up as well, when only a handful stayed in the room. As he walked down the steps from his seat, Meolie called his attention.

"Alec, can I talk to you?" she said. The other students present looked to her direction, before they each hurried in collecting their things and rushed out the door. A few moments later, he stood in front of her desk, with only them both in the room.

"What can I help you with, Professor?" he said, with his head tilted to the side. Meolie smiled at him, as she shook her head. A sigh escaped her lips as she settled into her brown leather chair.

"The two idiots, the people that brought you here, as well as the headmaster informed me of your reason for being here," she said. Alec sighed, somehow expecting that they would inform his homeroom teacher.

"Is there something about it?" he said, as he looked down at the floor.

"Nothing wrong at all," she said. She stood up, and rounded her table to stand in front of him. "I'm here to tell you that if you ever need help, especially if it's about Kreis and Gael, don't be afraid to approach and I'll see what I can do." She reached up a hand and patted him on the shoulder.

"Keep in mind that you're in Draeyer Academy," she said with a smile. "This place was built to teach the youth their responsibilities as Draeyers to the realm. But it was also created, for you guys to have fun, and to form bonds that would last for many long years." With that, Alec found himself smiling as he watched his teacher walking back to her seat. He sighed, and bowed to her, before heading out the door.

Morning classes passed by and he soon sat eating his lunch in the cafeteria. Half of his attention focused on the food while the other listened to the twins' incessant bickering, which contributed much to the twitching of his right brow.

"Do you really have to eat that many cakes and chocolates for your every dessert?" Solana said. Her nose crinkled as she stared at the two trays brimming with sweets lying in front of her brother. Knox slid one tray closer to him, as he grabbed a fork from his empty plate.

"Are we going to have this conversation again, vegetable freak?" he said, as he dug into a chocolate drizzled cake. Alec looked down at Solana's own plate, and once again saw her half-eaten meal of vegetables and a saucer of an apple cut into bite-sized cubes.

"I'm trying to lead you into a healthier and longer life," Solana said. Knox gulped down his food before he spoke with crumbs falling down the side of his lips.

"We're twins but we still have our own lives to deal with," he said. "This is what makes me healthy, the same way fruits and vegetables do to you."

"What I'm eating is still healthier than yours!" Solana said. The students nearby fixed their attention toward their table, but only Alec noticed, causing him to mentally roll his eyes at the unwanted attention.

"At least, I'm not too lazy to run laps and exercise, while you sleep around wherever you get comfortable in," Knox said.

"Stop it you two, I'm eating here!" Alec said. "Please give me some peace and quiet." The twins glared at each other before they broke their gaze with angered huffs. Alec thanked the Almighty Kosmos that the two finally stopped squabbling. At last, he finished his meal. He looked down when Solana slid a piece of thick paper over to his side of the table.

"What is this?" he said.

"I forgot to give you that yesterday," she said, before finishing up her last apple cube. "It's the," she swallowed, "schedule every sixth day of the week. It is the last school day each week before our breaks on the seventh day, and first of the following week."