Chapter 21-New Day, New Class

Draeyer Academy
Drae Skyland
Northeastern Space

As the warm wind blew past, the leaves and Alec's hair fluttered with it. He kept his crystal eyes on the Draeology book he borrowed from the lib, determined to finish it by the end of the week. As he turned to the next page, his gaze glued to the title at once.

He heard the patter of feet on the soft grass, as someone got closer to him. He chose to not look up, and continue finishing the chapter. As his fingers flipped the next page, his gaze glued to the title at once.

"Empathy Bonds between Egg and Draeyer," he whispered.

"I'm sorry about yesterday's breakfast," said a familiar voice. He paused from reading the first paragraph, when he felt someone sit next to him under the large tree. He sighed, and shut the book after marking how far he had read. Keeping his gaze to his front, he settled for listening to what she had to say.

"I was curious," she said. "I promise that from now on, I won't force you to share anything you don't want to. I'll wait until you trust me enough to share."

"I'm sure you heard what I said when I left the dining room," he said, as he looked at her from the corner of his eyes.

"Which made me even guiltier than I already was when you walked out," she said like child. He heard her sniff, causing his brows to rise to his hairline. He turned his head, and looked down at her. Tears formed at the corner of her grey eyes, while she plucked at the grass, leaving nothing but brown dirt. "I'm sorry, so please don't be mad."

To Alec's own surprise, a laugh escaped his lips, as he reached out and patted her head, while the other gently placed the book on the grass.

"Kosmos, you're so adorable," he said. "I'm not mad, and there's no need for you to ask forgiveness."

He pulled his hand away, as she reached out to wipe the tears that threatened to fall down her cheeks. While still wiping her eyes she spoke.

"I'm sorry still," she said. Silence filled the air for a few moments. Alec raised a brow at her as she stood on her knees so they were eye level while he sat.

"Before I forget, I need to make some things clear," she said, as a frown formed between her brows. Alec nodded at her, before he leaned back with wide eyes, wincing at her loud voice.

"Do not, as in, do not ever call ME adorable!" she said. "I'm beautiful goddamit! Sure as Blazen not adorable!"

He nodded with a light frown, as she settled back to her sitting position. He leaned back onto the tree's trunk, and drew one leg up to his chin and settled his right arm there. His eyes grew for a fraction, as Solana leaned her blonde head on his shoulder.

"And also, don't touch my hair without my permission," she mumbled. He held in a laugh and his shoulders sagged as he released the breath he held in unknowingly. They sat there in silence as they stared up at the blue afternoon sky. He craned his neck to look at her face and he smiled as he looked back up at the sky again.

"Don't fall asleep on me, or I'll leave you here," he said.

"Talk to me then," she said. "You're shoulder is too comfortable I don't know how long till I..." she yawned. He shook his head, and he raised a finger to flick her nose, only earning a grunt from her in return.

"Tell me why I have a Power Mastery class, even though I'm a Non-Draeyer," he said.

"Alec, I thought you're more than intelligent enough to have already found that out," she said. "You have that class now, since you're a Sentire. The Council did this so we will be properly taught how to control our powers."