Painful

Nayeon realized all the affection was directed towards the brunette and she couldn't help but feel sad. At first she felt angry and jealous but Baekhyun was so nice and caring.

Baekhyun had been anything but horrible, he was so kind and helpful even comforting her when she looked sad or down. Even if she was taking the love of his life away, Baekhyun still cared for the girl and treated her as a sister.

Nayeon never saw the work serious Kris ever so relaxed in front of anyone. And now he was trying to lay on Baekhyun's lap.

Nayeon never saw the sassy maknae Sehun ever not tease anyone but now he was acting all gentle letting Baekhyun caress his locks.

And Nayeon never saw Chanyeol this affectionate that she doubts if Chanyeol really forgot everything two years ago. He was just discreetly glancing at Baekhyun from the side but Nayeon saw through his facade of I don't care to hands off he's mine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nayeon's Pov

As night time neared, I decided to formulate my plan. Chanyeol went upstairs to finish some work and I followed him with ease since Kris and Sehun were distracted with Baekhyun.

I inched towards the bedroom and Chanyeol's back faced me. Once I approached him, I slid my arms around his waist as he turned around.

He backed away but I got hold of his tie and pulled him closer.

"Chanyeol please." I whimpered as his minty scent filled my senses making me drown in it. It smelled so good but I promised.

"I've been very tolerating because of your father but Kim Nayeon stop what you're doing or else-" Chanyeol threatened.

"Or else what?" I fired back.

It was interesting seeing Chanyeol trying to control his anger. So cute. Too bad I can't see it anymore.

"Why are you suddenly so cold? You let me touch you at least before but why are you pushing me away again?!" I screamed.

He held onto my wrists before he pulled them down and stared at me with emotionless eyes. "Nayeon find someone else to love. You're a nice girl if you drop that attitude and stop falling for me-I'm reserved for someone else."

I stumbled back a little before I hugged him turning him away. "Who-who is it? Bae-it's Baekhyun isn't it? But why? He hurt you two years ago! Do you remember him?"

My eyes were teary and suddenly I saw a shadow looming close to the door. Chanyeol didn't notice as he tried to distant himself with me.

Seizing my last chance, I pulled Chanyeol's tie causing him to stumble and immediately using that to my advantage, I kissed him on the lips. It lasted for three seconds before he regained his balance and pushed me away.

A slight click sounded in the room as I felt something cold pressing on my forehead.

"Stop crossing so many lines. You're too dumb to underestimate how much I know. Stop coming to hurt Baekhyun anymore and so be it if your father comes to put a bullet through me. This is your last warning." Chanyeol muttered as he pulled the trigger.

I slowly opened my eyes but the bullet wasn't anywhere on me and guiltily I looked up.

"I'm not killing you not because I pity you. It's because Baekhyun would kill me." Chanyeol answered darkly before backing away.

With one last menacing glare, he flung his tie away stumbling out the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Baekhyun's Pov

After I started Spongebob for us to watch, I decided to invite Chanyeol and Nayeon to watch with us. Paddling my feet up the stairs, I reached the end of the hall when I heard Nayeon and Chanyeol's voices.

Smiling I was about to push open the door when I saw through the gap. Nayeon was hugging Chanyeol tightly as-as Chanyeol's lips were on top of hers. Kissing.

Everything stopped at that point. My heart shattered into a million pieces and my vision became blurry. Heaving lightly through my chest I covered my mouth to prevent any sound from coming out.

I couldn't bare to look as I backed away my legs guiding me as I sprinted out the door, Kris and Sehun asleep on the couch. The cold air slapped my face as tears fell from both my eyes. The palms of my hands muffled my cries as I whimpered.

Why are you so sad, Baekhyun? You wanted this didn't you? Yo-you're doing this for Chanyeol.

But it hurts. My heart, my-everything feels painful. I want to be the one in Chanyeol's arms, kissing him away. But that's impossible, right? He forgot me.

I hope he can live a ha-happy life and never remember me. Perhaps hyung was right-I shouldn't have came back to think that I can explain everything to him and accept me again.

My legs led the way as I ran away-away from the pain, the problems, and my heart telling me to go back and explain to Chanyeol about everything.

I am a coward. I always run away from my problems. But I don't want to think about it now. It felt like the world was laughing at me-letting the love of my life go and I hurt so many people. I felt sorry for everyone-leaving them, hurting them, and making them worry about me.

I slowed to a stop as I stopped crying and began to sniffle. The wind howled harshly as I shivered-my arms hugging myself to keep warm.

I didn't know where I was going but kept going straight. I was just a burden. Better yet maybe I should leave-to a faraway place where I won't hurt anyone anymore.

To-to a different country?

~~~~~~~~~~~

Trust me. Chapter before was calm before the storm! And don't worry angst won't last long. I like making you guys suffer, I'm an evil author! ^_^

Time for a poll! Hehehe I missed these. 🤓🤓🤓

A). Constellation
B). Tarot cards
C). Fortune cookies
D). Horoscopes