Elevator

I huddled in a corner and hugged my knees praying and murmuring stuff to myself. I closed my eyes and suddenly something in my head seemed to spin and a piece of memory from when I was little resurfaced.

Darkness...all I see is darkness. It feels like a cramped place and it's filled with silence. A closed space and nothing to see. Then I hear someone calling out my name. I'm peeking through the dark space which seems like a closet, now that some light filtered in. I'm sitting on top of a pile of clothes and outside there's a little boy.

"Baekhyun! Baekhyun where are you? I'll find you!" The little boy outside said determined.

Then I heard it again "Baek-Baekhyun! Wake up! Just wake up!"

It was faint at first but then it got louder and more clear "Baekhyun wake up! Pl-please?" The voice sounded hoarse and desperate and that person stuttered please as if it was very difficult to say it. Is...is this Chanyeol?

I gently opened my eyes and light seeped in filling my eyes with the vision in front of me. Chanyeol was holding my head with a worried gaze asking me if I was ok.

"Y-you said please. Next time you as-ask someone to do something re-remember to say that. Ok?" I asked and reached my hand up to brush his hair to the side and ruffled it a little at the end. I felt so proud and happy of Chanyeol.

"What are you saying? It just slipped off my tongue." Chanyeol replied seemingly returning to his distant self.

"O-Ok, sorry I assumed things, Mr. Park." I apologized my gaze hazy and my mind drifting off.

"F-fine I'll do that but on one condition-promise to call me Chanyeol." He commanded.

"Yes Mr. P-Chanyeol." I giggled a little but I was too tired from the fright and the sudden memory.

My memory got deleted, locked in a box from the time I was three my doctor said. Everything before three was erased or simply forgotten because I seemed to have a traumatizing time. A part of my memory got released from this incident.

Ever since I was orphaned from what I believed, I stayed in an orphanage and grew up to be best friends with Sehun. I cried when I entered that place filled with children but none of them was my brother or my parents. On the first day, none of the kids wanted to play with me while I huddled in a corner and cried. It wasn't until I felt a tight hug around me that I looked up to see a smiling boy named Sehun. In the beginning I ignored him when he gave me bone crushing hugs and called me Baekkie all the time even though it felt nice being cared for and the hugs gave me a sense of comfort and warmth. But soon I opened up to him when he always bugged me and followed me like a lost puppy. I would pat his head when he did something well and a smile would lit up his face and I grew to learn that I must be strong for Sehun-like an older brother. We were inseparable and whenever someone approaches, Sehun would hold my hand really tightly as if worried that I would befriend another kid and forget about him.

He loved to study and was very ambitious so he received many scholarships and entered a great college and his way worked out from there. I on the other hand studied a lot but it just didn't seem to sink into my head so I had to stop my studies after high school and decided to start working. Sehun always visits me in my apartment and takes care of me a lot.

I hide my struggles and debts but Sehun always seem to find out and helps me with it and comforts me when I'm down. Fortunately or not I got accepted into Park Enterprise and felt proud about working with Sehun. Even though Sehun is younger than me, I always feel like the younger one when we are together. Now details are connecting and maybe my memories can be revived.