Staying

"You what?" Chanyeol asked disbelief in his eyes.

"I said I quit. I don't like this company and I don't like you Mr. Park so I'm quitting." I said all in one breath.

I turned to leave but Chanyeol said in a playful tone "Who says you're leaving?"

"I did." I said and continued to walk but I felt an iron grip on my wrist.

"Byun Baekhyun if you step out this door you will owe me 80 million dollars." Chanyeol threatened.

"Wait what?! Why?" I asked shocked not believing him.

"Remember the contract you signed on your first day of work? It says in 6pt fine print that if employee quits under any circumstances he/she will have to pay a fee of 80 million dollars." Chanyeol read from a paper in his drawer.

At first I didn't really trust him but then I went over and saw actually in small font that it stated just that.

"But you can't do that! The font was too small to read!" I fumed angry about this stupid contract.

"Uh uh uh Baekhyun from what I remembered the lady interviewing you said you signed your name so quickly after you read the salary and forgot to read the rest of the contract. It also states here that by signing your name, you have read everything thoroughly and will follow through the rules and if you break any, you will either pay or meet in court." Chanyeol stated a matter of fact.

I thought about either accumulating another debt or to continue working for this man.

Pulling my arm out I replied "Fine another debt it is. Now if you'll excuse me I'm leaving this place for good."

"Are you sure you want to leave?" Chanyeol asked venom laced in his words.

"Yes I'm leaving. I'm 100% positive." I said walking away again.

"Well I feel sorry for Sehun." Chanyeol said lowly that I almost couldn't hear him.

I halted my steps and turned around to see Chanyeol with a victorious smile.

"Wh-what are you going to do to Sehun?" I asked remembering that Sehun is still working here.

"I don't know I mean what can I do to Sehun? Give him more work? Assign him to an exhilarating task or be my scapegoat when the time comes?" Chanyeol questioned.

Clenching my fists I whispered "I'm not quitting."

"What was that Baekhyun?" Chanyeol asked smirking. I knew that he heard me the first time but wanted me to repeat myself.

"I said I'm not quitting." I said louder gritting my teeth.

"I'm glad to hear that. Baekhyun can you get me a dark coffee made from Colombian beans?" Chanyeol asked smirking.

"Yes Mr. Park." I said. "You fricking meanie." I mumbled the last part.

"What was that Baekhyun?" He asked.

"It's nothing." I fake smiled walking away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chanyeol's Pov

As soon as Baekhyun walked away I smiled genuinely again. I don't know why but I'm getting more and more attracted to this brunette. I just feel so warm and fuzzy inside whenever he is near me.

He's also so cute when he is angry or at a lost for words. It makes me want to value him but at the same time annoy him just to see his clueless and stubborn face.

My phone rang breaking my thoughts and I answered "Hello."

"Mr. Park there is a new update on the investigation of Mr. Byun." Kai said.

"What could that possibly be?" I asked smiling.

"It seems that Mr. Byun got kicked out of his apartment-" Kai said.

"Then where is he living now?" I interrupted.

"He is living with one of his friends. More specifically Sehun." Kai answered and I didn't notice but my knuckles turned white.

"Ok your update was very crucial to me I'll reward you highly later." I said and hung up.

So Byun Baekhyun and Oh Sehun? Not happening I thought.

After awhile Baekhyun returned with my coffee and I stared at him all the way until he sat down. He must have noticed and asked "Yes Mr. Park what can I help you with?"

"Baekhyun did you know that employees can't live together in the same house?" I asked him.

He seemed to stiffen a bit and then asked "What would happen if employees live in the same house?"

"Well they get fired of course and pay the penalty fine if they haven't finished their contract." I hinted at him.

He gulped and said "oh."

"Baekhyun you wouldn't happen to be living with an employee would you? Like living with Sehun?" I asked.

"N-no." He lied. It was so easy to tell if he was lying or not and besides I already knew from Kai.

"Baekhyun I want to visit your house." I said.

"W-why?!" He asked a bit loudly.

"I just want to know more about you." I said gliding my tongue across my lips.

"You don't have to." Baekhyun said.

"Are you sure you don't want me to? You're not lying to me are you?" I asked.

"Yes I'm living with Sehun!" He said a sudden outburst. I was surprised that he would tell me the truth that quickly-so innocent makes me want to protect him.

"Live with me." I said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hiyo guys it's me again!