Rival

Baekhyun's Pov

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up on my bed with a large fluffy blanket around me. That's weird I don't remember walking to the bed...I was still working on my problems. And this blanket?

A small ring signaled the door and I scurried over to open the door.

In front of me stood a beautiful and smiling lady who looked to be in her early 20s or younger. She had shoulder length brown hair and looks like she can be a model or famous idol.

"H-hello um-" I bowed as I indicated for her name.

"Nayeon. Kim Nayeon." The tall and elegant lady introduced.

"Um you are here for?" I questioned.

"Chanyeol. I'm her fiancée." Nayeon answered.

Ok. W-wait fi-fiancée?! WHAT? I felt my heart slowly breaking in two. Everything was so confusing. Why?

"Would you like to come in Mrs. Nayeon?" I asked trying to stay composed but the slight shivering of my hands gave me away.

"Of course." Nayeon said as she walked inside her heels clacking loudly on the floor.

She made herself comfortable as she settled on the couch, crossing her legs.

"Here's a cup of tea, enjoy." I said as I laid a cup of tea in front of her.

"Thank you um-" Nayeon indicated for me to introduce myself.

"Baekhyun." I greeted giving a small smile.

Her sparkling eyes before seem to harden at the mention of my name. Nayeon's smile seemed more forced than the genuine one she showed before.

"Is everything alright?" I asked looking at her.

"N-no nothing's wrong." Nayeon said smiling brightly again and concealed all the emotions she seemed to display before.

Then the jingling of keys unlocked the door and in came a white little puppy who-

"Baekkie!" I shouted in joy wrapping my arms around him as Chanyeol walked behind.

"Oppa! I waited so long for you." Nayeon pouted as she linked arms with the scowling Chanyeol.

I stared at their linked arms and nibbled the inside of my mouth, an unsettling feeling swirling in my stomach. It hurts.

But I distracted myself as I ruffled Baekkie's hair. At first he seemed a bit reluctant but then he seemed to remember me as he wagged his tiny tail and licked my face.

Chanyeol yanked Nayeon off his arms as he brushed his sleeve and walked towards me. I felt lighter when Chanyeol brushed her arms off. He scooped Baekkie up and called him that name.

"Cucumber, time for your bath." Chanyeol said in a low voice as the puppy barked excitedly.

After they left, I was with Nayeon again. She walked over until she was in front of me and with a sad look she handed me a piece of paper.

"Baekhyun can you meet me at this café at 4pm tonight? I'll wait for you." And with that Nayeon left.

I shook my head a little and slipped the paper in my pocket before I looked for Baekkie again. After listening to the small barks I met him with Chanyeol in the bathroom near the garden. It placed a smile on my face as I saw the carefree Chanyeol with Baekkie.

I was about to turn away when Baekkie barked towards me. He jumped out of the tub and leaped on me causing wet splotches to form on my shirt.

"Yah Baekkie! Now you got me all soaked!" I complained as he shook the water off of him splashing more on my face and neck.

I carried him over to Chanyeol who was staring at us in a daze.

"Mr. Park." I waved my hand in front of him but he stared like an idiot. "Park Chanyeol." I teased to see if he respond and indeed he sent me a glare before he took Baekkie from my arms.

"Stop being so impolite." Chanyeol warned as he pumped some soap onto his hands.

"Yeah right you disrespectful youngster." I mumbled under my breath.

"Excuse me?" Chanyeol asked as he gave me a stare as if prompting me to repeat that.

"Nothing." I said and helped Chanyeol clean Baekkie.

He tends to move around a lot so in the end I joined him in the tub and hugged him as Chanyeol lathered soap on his fur. When he gave a whimper and closed his eyes I gave Chanyeol a stern look.

"Gosh Chanyeol you got soap in his eyes." I pointed out as I took a soft cloth from the side and gently wiped his eyes.

"There all better." I smiled as Baekkie wagged his tail and licked my chin again.

"Why can't you love me that way too?" I heard Chanyeol say under his breath.

"What was that?" I asked just in case I heard wrong.

"I said hurry up he's going to catch a cold." Chanyeol said annoyed as he rinsed Baekkie before scooping him inside.

I sat in the tub and stared at my reflection from the water. So I did hear wrong-Chanyeol really doesn't remember me or even have a clue about who I am. The water was beginning to turn colder and my pants were soaked but I cared less about that. Why can't Chanyeol remember me? Was I really that insignificant or he forgot about me because I caused him too much pain?

As I was still deep in my thoughts, I felt a cloth flung itself on top of my head. I slid it off and noticed that it was a towel. Looking up, I saw Chanyeol standing by the door with his arms crossed...

"Stop wasting time." He grumbled.

"Yes Mr. ACHOO!" I gave a loud sneeze and stood up from the tub as I settled a foot on the tiles.

"See you caught a cold." Chanyeol scolded.

"Yes yes Mr. Annoying Pants." I grumbled suddenly annoyed about Chanyeol having a fiancée.

"What?!" Chanyeol asked surprised.

"Tsk exactly how can you not remember two years ago?" I asked getting pissed off as I stomped over towards him.

Chanyeol remained silent so I continued "Are you getting married soon?" I asked gripping on the towel harder suddenly very angry.

"What if I am?" Chanyeol finally spoke.

"Wh-what?" It came out broken as I willed myself not let my emotions get the best of me.

"I said what if I'm going to get married? What does it matter to you?" Chanyeol asked each word stabbing my heart.

I wanted to say don't you dare! I wanted to howl then what about me? I wanted to yell it does matter! It matters so much that it's hard for me to breath. I wanted to scream why are you hurting me so much? I wanted to shout I still love you. I love you so much Park Chanyeol.

But all that escaped my lips were "Congratulations."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for being a pabo and liking this story~From Chanyeol. Why hello there Chocoballs with sprinkles. Oh and Nayeon appeared in the story before but you guys probably forgot . Hehehe *wink wink* 🤐🤐🤐