KISMET Chapter 28

Chapter 28

I had no idea how long I had been asleep but I woke feeling very tender indeed. I was weak as a kitten and exhausted but something in the back of my mind, probably the mothering instinct, just keep niggling away at me to wake and take care of the baby.

"Liam?" I murmured my eyes struggling to open.

"Hey beautiful, you should get some more rest," Liam said I felt him stroking my hair.

"Where's our baby?" I whispered.

"She hasn't been brought down yet," he said. Passing me a straw so I could sip some water. It felt so refreshing.

"Tell me," I said after I drank. "You promised you would tell me everything the doctors tell you, remember?"

"Yes, but you need to rest, she is fine," he said.

"Liam..." I whined.

He sighed, "Ok fine but don't worry....she had a little bit of a problem breathing because she is so tired from the labour but they said she ok. She is just on some oxygen and she went to the toilet inside the womb and might have got some infected water in lungs that could cause an infection. So she has been given antibiotics and is being observed," he explained.

"Oh god I am useless," I said bursting into tears. "Our baby ill because I couldn't get her out!"

"No," Liam said. "Don't say that."

"I'm a terrible mother, she deserves better," I said heartbroken.

"Shhh come on don't cry, you did brilliantly. You're a wonderful mother, everyone says that. You have just been through a lot it was a long labour and you have had major surgery on your abdomen, you are bound to be feeling sore, tired and weepy," he said.

"I wanna go home," I said.

"You can't go home yet darling," he said.

"Why won't you take me home?" I asked totally confused.

"You are too poorly to go home yet," he said stroking my hair.

"Please take me home," I said sobbing and confused.

"She is not making any sense," Liam said to someone.

"That will be the drugs and exhaustion," I heard Tyson say.

"Where is Tyson?" I asked.

"Here," Tyson said coming over towards me as I opened my eyes a bit to see him. My eyes felt like they were on fire.

"The light," I said.

Someone turned it off.

"Hi Shan, congratulations," Tyson said softly.

"Tyson take me home," I pleaded.

"I can't babe, you're all cut opened and stapled up. You'll get blood on the couch and scare the boys," he said. "You know they hate to see Mummy ill."

"Oh," I said trying to think about things rationally. He was right.

"Is he ok?" I asked.

"Yes he is, he was just worried about you two which is understandable," Tyson said.

"I worry about him," I said.

"Yeah I know you do," Tyson said ruffling my hair.

"I am here you know, you two," Liam said.

I smiled weakly and Tyson laughed.

"I can't believe you are smiling after everything you have been through," Liam said.