KISMET Chapter 25

Chapter 25

I was woke in the morning by my mobile phone vibrating on silent, it was on Liam's side of the bed. I straddled him so I could answer it. He was fast asleep still and it was early... too early who was it.

"Hello?" I croaked still half asleep.

"Mummy?" I heard Joe say.

"Joe is that you?" I asked.

"Yeah, where is Daddy?" he asked.

"Daddy is here and he is asleep, it is early Joe why aren't you still in bed?" I whispered.

"I am still in bed?" he answered.

"Are you phoning me on nanny's phone whilst they are all asleep?" I whispered.

"Yes, put Daddy on," he said.

"Daddy is asleep," I whispered but then felt Liam's hands slide up my thighs as I was still sat astride him. My whole body started to tingle. He put his hand up for the phone.

"Hey Joe," he said his voice thick with sleep and his eyes still closed. He was exhausted.

I could hear Joe speaking.

"I have a headache in my tummy," he said.

"Oh dear, get out of the bed and tip toe into Granddad," Liam said.

"He will tell me off," Joe said.

"No he won't I promise, go on bring the phone with ya," Liam said.

Liam pressed the phone to speaker mode and lay in on his chest. I tried to get off his lap but he held me still.

"Granddad?" we heard Joe say over the speaker phone.

"Joe?" Bob said sleepily. "You ok?"

"I've got a headache in my tummy," Joe said.

"Come get in here with Nanny and I will go get you a drink and a cookie to stop it," Bob said. I listened as Joe rustled about climbing into bed with them.

"Nanny," Joe whimpered.

"Hello beautiful," Cilla said and I heard her kissing him. "Come and have a cuddle, Granddad will sort that poorly belly out. What's that in your hand?"

"Daddy's on the phone," Joe said.

"Hello?" Cilla said.

"Hi mum," Liam said. "He was scared he'd get told off if he went into you so he rang us. I only got him to memorise our numbers yesterday. Pretty cool huh?"

"Yeah cool. Bless him. Well you get back to sleep. He is ok and he is giving me lovely cuddles here," Cilla said and again I heard her kissing him.

"Did he get sick yesterday?" Liam asked.

"No I think his belly is sore from being sick so much the night before. Your dad has gone to get him something to eat as he wasn't hungry yesterday. It is probably hunger pains."

"Nanny," we heard in the background.

"Here's Marvin, come on in." she said to him.

"I'll come and get them," Liam said.

"No you leave them here cuddling me and your dad. We will bring them around later. Now get some rest," she said.

"Ok but if they want me to come get them just call ok," Liam said.

"Yes I promise. Say bye to Daddy," Cilla said.

"Bye Daddy," they both said.

"Here we go milk and cookies," Bob said in the background.