KISMET Chapter 23

Chapter 23

The party was in full swing and although everyone seemed to be a bit shocked at Liam and I being back together along side my being pregnant and due any day now - they all seemed genuinely happy for us.

Lindsay and Rob were ecstatic!

The men were out by the BBQ and playing a game of football with the boys which Joe and Marvin thought was ace! It was so funny to watch Joe dressed as Spiderman and Marvin as Wolverine running around the garden with the other superheroes like the Hulk.

The little girls that came were on the bouncy castle Liam had brought around from his parents as a surprise. They had invested in one because with having so many kids hiring one every time they had a kids party could prove more expensive.

The food was on a whole other level to what I had planned and there was loads of booze which I hadn't brought. Liam again no doubt!

The cake presentation was hilarious. We got the men to bring the cake out as everyone sang happy birthday and I took some pictures. Marvin saw the Wolverine cake and said "Fucking hell that's a wicked cake man, awesome!" My hand flew to my mouth as I tried not to laugh out loud and watched Liam and Tyson quickly turn around to hide their laughter too.

"Marvin, you swore," Bob said to which Marvin replied "Oh shit sorry Granddad," without realising he just swore.

"Marvin," Bob said scolding him again.

I turned around to hide my laughter with Lindsay. Marvin's language used to be a lot worse when I first had him but now it was the odd slip of the tongue or when he was angry or excited.

The cake done we all chilled out and partied into the night. It was great to just sit in the garden chilling with my mates and not feeling so alone anymore. I hadn't realised how alone I was until now.

Lindsay had asked how Liam took the news he was becoming a father. I brought her up to date on everything.

"Jesus, I mean Rob and I had planned to try and get you both in the same place at some point and bang your heads together but we never thought fate would step in.....," she admitted.

"You planned to set me up!" I said, my mouth dropping open.

"Well yes, you bloody love him Shannon. You are obsessed with him. We knew that you weren't getting over him. If anything you were getting more and more depressed and withdrawn. You burst into tears half the time when anything reminded you of him but then again everything reminds you of him. So you were constantly blubbing in private when you thought no one would notice. You would fall asleep exhausted from looking after the kids and dealing with being pregnant. You would be crashed out on the sofa and fret in your dreams over him, mumbling his name. Rob was so upset when he seen that he said 'we have to get them back together'. Even fate stepped in and made you pregnant when you had no intention of ever having kids and hadn't even told me about your quickie at the pub that night. No one was more shocked than you that you were pregnant and even then fate made sure there was nothing you could do about it by not giving you any symptoms for months, no morning sickness and the first time you find out they rush you in to scan you, so you see it wiggling about on scream waving 'hi mum' and even on the scan pic you can see at that early stage she is the double of Liam," Lindsay said. "It's is just so nice to finally see you back together. It's a dream come true for us as well as you. We know he is going to look after you and the children. He is a good man and fit as fuck!" she said and we both fell about laughing hysterically.

"I know, he is gorgeous with a body to die for and I am this swollen blob. He is so out of my league and people are going to stare and say what is he doing with that fat, ugly dog," I said pouting.