65.

Tom's P.O.V

After a couple of more shots, I finally found the guts to ask her.

"Emma, can I ask you something?"

She nods. "Of course."

"How has Ella been since we broke up?" I ask her.

I see she can't really answer that question.

"I don't have specific answers, I mean like, I just want to know how her life went after we ended our relationship..."

"Ehm, let's see. Me and Ella went visiting the boys on their tour, I already was dating Luke and she fell in love with Calum. Then she got pregnant and we all didn't knew who the father was, Michael, Calum .. or you..." She says.

It feels a little bit awkward now... "Oh, I didn't know that .." I say

"Don't worry, Calum is the dad... They did a dna test." She says.

Like I should feel better now ...

"How's the baby?" Jason asks.

"She's good, I guess ." Emma says.

She's hiding something for me. I can feel it.

"What do you mean with, 'she's good I guess'." I ask her.

"Because I have no idea how she is because I haven't seen her in years..."

Then there is an awkward silence.

"How's Ella then? I suppose you know how she is..." I say.

I'm a little pissed by Emma's behavior. How can she not know how her niece is.

"Tom, don't do this..." Jason says.

"Why not? How can someone not know how her niece is? Or haven't you had contact with Ella for years?" I say.

"You don't have to know everything... She hasn't spoke to us for so long, why would she tell us everything right now?" Jason says.

"Tom, I am sorry for not telling you earlier, but I couldn't." Emma starts. "Ella passed away 5 five years ago."

I don't know what to say. Ella pops up in my mind once in a while, but she has been dead for 5 years now.

"Thank you for the drinks. I think I'm going home..." Emma says and she walks away.

"I'm gonna walk her home. I will text you tomorrow when you feel better." Jason says.

Emma's P.O.V

"Emma, please wait." Jason says and he runs towards me. "I'll walk you home."

"You can't leave Tom alone..." I say.

"I know, but I'm more worried about you... The past five years you've been all alone. But not tonight. I'm staying with you." He says

"Jason, you don't have to do this."

"I want to do this." He says and he starts walking.

I start smiling because I am so grateful for him.

And we walk to my place together.

------

I actually can't remember what happened next, because apparently I'm making out with Jason in my appartment right now...

Jason told me he still regrets what happened between us. He can't remember why he didn't loved me anymore. And now that he saw me again tonight, he fell in love with me again.

Jason pulls me on his lap as we sit on the couch. His lips move to my neck and I get goosebumps all over my body.

I push him away. "I don't think I can do this..."

"Why not? It's just for one night. We bring up the past and then we decide what we are going to do." Jason says.

"You only want sex." I say with a laughter.

"Yea, you're right." Jason says and he starts laughing. "But why can you not do this? What's stopping you?"

"Because you cheated on me without breaking up. So our sex was probably bad. Really bad." I say.

"No Emma. That's not true. Our sex was the best sex I have ever had in my life. I cheated on you because I still wanted to have sex, but I could not use you for it while I didn't love you." He says.

And with that I start kissing him.