57.

Luke's P.O.V

"Come Emma, it's time to go home. This day has been long enough..." I say as I walk towards Emma who is sitting on a bench, staring in front of her.

They picked up Ella's coffin hours ago, but Emma wanted to stay here.

"I can't Luke. I can't go home and forget about her." Emma says.

I'm go to sit next to her, I put my arm around her and she lays her head on my chest. I rub with my hand over her upperarm.

"Nobody says you have to forget about her..." I say.

"I know nobody says it, but I just feel like everyone wants to say it... That I have to move on with my life and stuff. I'm just not ready for that yet." She starts crying.

"Listen to me Emma. Eventually you have to move on. You have to let her go, just so you can continue living your life. But that doesn't mean you have to live without Ella... She will always be here with you. Just like your necklace says... Forever..." I say.

Emma slowly nods. "Yeah, I guess you're right."

"Come, let's go home. Have a warm shower, undo yourself from your clothes, put on your sweatshirt and just watch netflix with me in bed." I suggest

She nods again, but this time with a smile. "I'd love that."

--------

When I enter the bedroom, I hear the water from the shower running. Then I hear Emma softly crying.

I walk into the bathroom and I undo myself from my clothes. I step in the shower and I put my arms around her waist. I bury my head in her neck and I give her small kisses on her shoulders.

"I don't know how this could happen. The doctor said she didn't have the symptoms." Emma starts crying.

I hate to see her like this, but I know I can't take it away, no matter how badly I want that.

She turns around. "I don't know what happened Luke. I don't know where i went wrong."

"None of this is your fault Emma." I comfort her.

"I know, but it isn't Ella's fault either. Why did she have to die?"

"That's a question that will never be answered." I whisper.

"Why couldn't it just be me... Ella could've raised her own child. Matilda would have a mom and Calum would have his girlfriend. They would get married and just be happy. Ella didn't deserved this."

Emma looks at me, and her eyes says that she's exhausted.

"There's a reason why it wasn't you. There's a reason why it was Ella... I know it sounds harsh, but it was her time to go."

"SHE WAS FUCKING 20 YEARS OLD LUKE." Emma is mad and she pushes me off her. "She was fucking 20 years old, she had a whole life ahead of her." She whispers.

I pull her back to me. "Maybe, she was alright with the fact of her dying. She knew she could fight it, but she didn't. I think she was happy with her life."

"She couldn't fight it Luke. She never had a chance like I did... Life is so unfair."

"What do you mean, she never had a chance like you?" I ask her.

"Nevermind, forget about it." She says while she lays her head on my chest.

"No seriously, what do you mean?"

"Drop it Luke." Emma says and she steps out of the shower. "It doesn't make any difference. Ella is dead and she won't come back." She grabs her towel and walks back to the bedroom.