How It All Started (Ch.1 edited)

Stephanie's Pov

Hey I'm Stephanie Bell or you can just call me Steph. I'm 20 years old, growing up life has been hard without my father. I lost him, when I was only 5 in a car accident. My dad and I were always very close, I miss him very much. My mother is a crackhead and is never around. I don't have any siblings. I guess that's okay, everyone is always saying how lucky I am, even though I never feel like it. I'm anything else but lucky. This is my first year living out of my home state , I live in California I was born and raised in California. It's known for its beautiful beaches, amazing sites and don't forget all the fame. Down here in California everyone always dreams about being famous, being stars and being someone but I've never dreamt that, I see life a whole different way. Life has never been easy for me but I think there's always a reason why things happen.

Anyway, I moved out here to Dallas. It's always been my dream to live out in Dallas. Ever since I was a little kid I remember telling all my friends, I'm going to live in Dallas, just watch I'm going to move to Dallas someday. Looking back, I feel pretty happy that my dream came true I'm finally here, finally feeling at home. My roommate and I finally got a house and we're starting to move things into our house today. My roommate is the funniest, smartest, prettiest girl I've ever met and she happens to be my best friend. "Maya" I called, picking up the last box left. I glanced around the neighborhood, it looked so pretty yet calm. This whole neighborhood has many houses on the same street everything is so beautiful. The houses, the backyards, everything was just so amazing and I feel like I'm living my fantasy,my dream, I am home.

I turned around to check my neighbors houses the one to my right was for sale. I turned around looking at the house on my left, and I saw a girl about 5'3", bright blue neon hair, with amazing curves. She was wearing black skinny jeans with a black Paramore shirt. I was very thrilled to know that I wasn't the only one who liked Paramore here.The girl seemed to be crying, I could tell she was. I wonder what's wrong, why has she been crying?My thought was interrupted by Maya coming out of our house calling my name, "Steph? You okay?"
I turn to face Maya "yeah... I am, can you take this last box inside please?" I said while giving her a warm smile.
"Sure thing babe," she said taking the box out of my hand and walking back inside the house. I stayed behind watching her walk in the house, as soon she was inside, I turn my head back to the blue haired girl, Who is now sitting in front of the door steps. I wondered if she's okay. Steph just go talk to her but I can't, I don't want to be called nosy or get yelled at. Come on steph you might make her feel better. Fine! I took a long deep breath of air before I walked over to the blue haired girls house.

As I was walking to her, I started getting nervous, more and more my palms were becoming sweaty. Finally I was standing in front of her "hey, are you okay?" I said as she wiped her tears away and looked up at me.
She was very beautiful, her smile was heart melting, her eyes were brown, and extremely beautiful, even with tears in them they were still very beautiful. When she smiled at me, It was like my whole world had stopped and it was just her and I on the planet. It was a feeling I had never felt in my entire life, I just don't know how to explain it. "Yeah, I'm fine, thank you" she said with a smile.
" Are you sure? you seem very hurt," I said with a half smile.
She looked down at the floor and started crying " I-it's just my f-father just passed away," she explained. I felt so bad for her, I had been in the same situation before. Without my father I felt like I was nothing. Was I something? I got down so that I was looking at her from her level as she was sitting down. " I'm so sorry, I know how you feel, I lost my dad when I was five he was in a car accident, it's just my mother and I now. Well she was never really there for me. My moms addicted to drugs and is an alcoholic. I've always had to look out for myself when I was growing up," I answered. I didn't realize I was crying up until I felt her wipe a tear for my eye.
"I'm so sorry," she said.
"It's okay don't worry there's nothing to be sorry about everything happens for a reason. We just have to keep moving on and just keep staying strong that's all that counts," I said. I looked up and her eyes were right in front of me. We stared into each other's eyes for a bit until she finally spoke,"I'm Demi by the way," she said with a smile she took her hand out and moved it towards me. I felt my heart beat faster, how can I feel this way when I don't even know her, but something about her just makes me melt. I smiled "I'm Stephanie but a lot of people call me Steph," I said and I took her hand in mine and shook it. she nodded her head, "I love your name," she said.
I laughed, "ha ha really? Cus' I don't" she laughed again
"well I do" she said.
I stood back up and on my feet she did the same. " so, Steph you just moved here?" She asked
" yes, I did I live right next door" I said pointing to my house.
She smiled " that's great, now I can just go to your house whenever I'm feeling bad" she said while laughing.
I swear she has the cutest laugh. she was going to say something but stop to when maya walked out looking for me "Steph?" She said looking around.
"I'm sorry I have to go before someone files a missing person report on me," I chuckled.
"haha yeah... I wish you could stay longer," she said with a frown and puppy eyes. She was just so cute. Wait. What did she just say!? she wants me to stay longer. My heart was beating faster than it was before. "yeah me too" I said with a smile. "Steph where are you" Maya called out again. "coming" I said. I started walking towards my house and looked back at Demi. She was smiling and staring at me as I left. I suddenly fell to the ground "ahh" I cried as maya tackled me to the ground and saddled my waist. "Where were you I was starting to feel lonely,"she said with a frown. "I was just talking to our next door neighbor," I said suddenly. I started smiling when Demi came to thought. Maya then leaned in and kiss my lips, I kissed back still on the ground. We stop kissing after a while she got up of me. I look back at Demi's house and she was still standing outside with a sad face. "come on babe let's go unpack" she said as as I got up and looked back at Demi wants more, she gave me weak smile I smile back maya said "come on" then she grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the house. When we got to house I went to my room and started to unpacking all my boxes, fix my bed and started putting my clothes in the drawers while I kept thinking about Demi.