Question (NO ART)

So I'll tell you a story and you'll answer my question. Deal? Deal.

Okay, so we had to draw our name in class because reasons. It's supposed to bring our class closer together. Of course, when everyone is drawing on their own, that'll bring us closer together.
Also:

THAT AIN'T ART

THAT AIN'T ART. It's called W R I T I N G.

Whatever. back to the story:

So, everyone drew their name, all fine and good. But one guy, who feels like he doesn't belong to this class and whom I'll call.... Peter? Yeah, okay, fine, Peter it is. So Peter doesn't feel like he belongs in our class (welcome to the club, bro!) Didn't draw his name, because why would someone, who doesn't belong to the classs anyways have their name on the class banner, right? So he simply left the classroom and sat outside the whole time. I feel like I'm pretty much the only one who noticed. Except for his seatmate of course. Anyways, when the teacher noticed, she said some should go look for him and persuade him to draw his name, too. Btw, she can't stand me. So some went outside and started talking to him. I was just a bystander but I saw how uncomfortable he felt. And I wanted to help him because he really can be nice and all when he isn't under so much pressure. So I told them to back of a little and stop make him feel so uncomfotable because that way, he won't feel more part of our class than he did before. Thruth be told, I didn't say it in the nicest way but seriously, stop pushing the poor guy. he looked close to crying (red-ish eyes, he kept rubbing them and he kept running his hands through his hair in obvious distress. Clear sings, or am I wrong?). So I did that and you know what my teacher said?
"It's not helpful if you discourage them. He might be uncomfortable but he smiled just a little there and that means he's enjoying it. Don't remind him of that feeling of uncomfortableness" (Please read with the most annyoing voice you can think of).
TEACH, I DON'T HAVE TO FUCKING REMIND HIM! THAT SIMLE YOU MENTIONED LOOKED SO FORCED AND UNHAPPY LIKE MINE!!! I KNOW THAT FEELING BETTER THAN YOU EVER COULD AND IF HE JUST WANTS TO BE ALONE THEN DON'T KEEP PUSHING AND PUSHING HIM UNTIL HE GIVES UP AND ACTS HAPPY JUST SO YOU LEAVE HIM BE!
Also, what kind of shitty advice is that? You tell me to ignore how uncomfortable he is and even when he says that he doesn't want that (which he did after my teach fronted me. He was on my side and I was made the bad guy!), I should keep annyoing him instead of being an understanding person and try to talk normally to him, to not make him do something he doesn't want at all and instead of trying to integrate him, to basically push him into something?! And someone like you calls themselves liaison teacher (is that the correct word? I don't trust Google translator..)?!?!

Okay. so, to this story, I wanna ask a question:

Is how I acted correct? Is it wrong? How should I have acted???

(That's more than one question, I know)