54.

The lady doctor, Mrs. hearts, came in with a male doctor, Mr. Campbell. His eyes soft but lips tight as he studied my chart, "I would do greeting but I have little time for that, may I check your monitor" I nodded "it says on the chart that your doctor was Dorian, is that correct?"

"Yes that is who I have been seeing up until now, I was told he was unavailable when the appointment was made, ummm, is there a problem with my babies"

The man stated at the monitors and took a very deep and long breath sitting up and immediately looking at the woman "call the their appointed hospital let them know of the situation and be prepared for their arrival" the nurse nodded and scurried out. Then the men stared at me and Drew with serious eyes "one. I want to apologize, 2 months ago we fired Dorian because he came into work with a dangerously high alcohol consumption level. Second you are a mother of 3, congratulations, but you have TTS, twin transfusion syndrome. This is comments with identical twin sharing one plencta. Basically the babies are getting an unequal amount of blood flow. If you'd look on the monitor at your babies, you can see the uneven sizes and that smaller child right here, that's your third child. This could have been caught waaay sooner and treated and watched but unfortunately it wasn't and now your third child development is much undeveloped then the other two. She's weakening and I'm very surprised she has lasted this long in your term."

"Will she make it" I asked

"I do not know, if she does it will be very likely she will be preme sized and may have speech and movement impediments, but we are getting you right over to the hospital and I'm prescribing Bed rest until those babies are ready to be pushed out and very very frequent check ups. I'd hate to break it to you but you will be personally seeing this face every other week until you are pushing, I also want you to be aware that they might come out sooner then the expected date, so I would get your nursery's set up soon if haven't already"

" three?" Drew swallowed.

"Congratulation and let's get this little mama back up and healthy."

"What was the second one?"

He smiled, looking back at the monitor "2 girls and a boy"

Drew smiled but the frown was more visable then it. Same for me. It was hard to muster that we just found out about a 3rd and now we might loose her. "Okay, go straight to the hospital and the staff will be waiting for you, and will probably be having you stay a couple nights to monitor the baby"

My lips parted but words couldn't come out and Drew soothed me and helped pull me up to my feet