chapter 23 Queen

"Queen, you alright?"

I was so tuned into my own thoughts about Andrew and thinking about how my babies was doing and what they were doing I'd forgotten i was at work. I missed my kids voices and smiles and i was tiered of worring about them, i wanted them with me. Andrew phone was off so it was no telling hoe close he was in this state, if he was even still alive. Even though i hated his guts right now, i hated the muthafuckas who ruined my home more. He had his man following me everywhere i went and Pook had people following Keisha. I haven't even slept and i know it showed on my face, i wanted to break down and cry. Damn this shit wasnt like me! I just didnt feel like talking.

"Queen..." i blinked forgetting all about the voice, Owen stood in front of me with worried eyes. I cleared my throat and sat up straight notnin the mood to look at his face, Owen was a cool dude and his calm persona probably had a way of making anyone feel better... Maybe its what i needed right now... Even though i honestly just wanted to lay in bed and tuck myself under... Out of nowhere my stomach growled and too tiered to respond i let my head fall in the palm of my hands "you have a 2 o'clock appointment today with Stacy McCarran" i mumbled ignoring my rumbling stomach.

When i looked up, Owen was still staring down at me "you look exhausted...." he stated "and hungry"

"I'm fine" i say taling a long blink my eyes became hot against the flesh my my eyelids. I grabbed his blueprints "you going to need this tomorrow even for Harris, it's there draft, i looked over it and it looks legit honestly, but i dont know if it's worth putting money into we already have 10 of those likevwhat they trying to offer in this city alone"

"How about we take a lunch break" he says instead "you deserve it Queen"

"No, im fine. You have a taylors appointment in less then 45 mins and i have your ride booked in already"

"I'm my own boss here so i can take a break when i want" he chuckles "now you look tiered and you still been working hard plus i just got off the phone with Thomas and Project 23 is in full swing so i want to celebrate"

"But i..." he stuck his hand out to me

"My treat Queen" he smiled with his hand still out "i can stand here all day too"

I signed and nodded placing my hand into his hand, and smiled at his persistence. He was a good man, amd completely unselfish... He gave so much to people from what I've seen and in return he got success. "Where to?" i asked him

"You like burgers cause i know this classy shack" he chuckled "boogie burgers"

"I've heard of it"

He gave me this smile and i honestly didnt know how to respond and then i realized we were still holding hands, i pulled back from his soft touch. "I'll call your taylor and push the time up"

On some honest to God shit, Owen lifted a huge weight off me. He was a goofy ass professional and he held a great conversation. "Alright, but seriously, mama ain't raise no fool, what's distracting you? How's the kids?"

"I really rather not talk about it" i sign "its personal"

He nodded "i can respect that, but can i give you a word of advice"

"You dont know the situation"

"I know, i just hate that look you have on your face. Even when i got a laugh from you i could still see the anger, ever since i met you Queen, i could feel that anger from you but it's different now it feels stronger... And you are a beattiful woman, so what or who could possibly hurt you like you are"

I closed my eyes, looking out the window of the restaurant. I saw Andrew's man sitting outside of the car "we should go" i say feeling uncomfortable now, i knew Andrew too well and they must had told him i was out and about.

"Uuum... You sure... I mean we dont have too leave now do we" i nodded and stood grabbing my bag

"We do" i say and start to walk out when my cell rung, my heart pounded as i waiting for the name first, when Keisha name popped up i took a deep breath "you okay keisha?"

"Bitch no, Pleassee Queen, we can't stay in this house. I dont know what the fuck is up with them feds but they moving in too close i do not fucking trust them Queen, Pook not answering and i dont know what to do!"

"Keisha, calm Down"

"NO ! I don't like this shit, they trynna fucking kill me" i look back and Owen is studying me so i gesture for him to give me a minute...

"Ite lay low turn off all the light, pack up me and your shit ite? As soon as i finish with this, I'm going downtown to book us a room. When i call you be ready Keisha, ima park in the back of the house so they dont see shit keep all the lights on until 930 then shut them off, make it look like u going to sleep, do your normal ite go out for your smoke walk the dogs then come in okay"

"Keisha, i dont this these muthafuckas is the Feds no more, what if te Rico people?"

"Keisha please" i begged i didn't need my home girl breaking down on me, not yet.

"Ite i hear you"

"Ill text you when im on my way" i tell her and hang up looking at my watch.

1:20

"Lets get you ready for your meeting" i tell Owen and start to the car "I'll drive"