Chapter 14

Shanty played Tic-Tac-Toe with April and Jr on the plane while i sat in the back with owen.

I was in the DAMN air and nervouse as hell. As NO skocker, this was a sistahs first time in the air, i was scared as a bitch and ready for this plane to land. I mean, we could have just drove to Seattle instead. And called it a day.

He laughed at me staring so damn hard at the window, it was nothing insight but white clouds. WHERE THE FUCK WAS THE GROUND?!?! "You alright?"

"Shut up" i told him osing my eyes and taaking deep breaths "ain't never been on a plane"

"Well at least they seem to like it" he pointed to my kids who were looking out the window in awe with Shanty. I smiled loving that moment and how big there eyes were as they giggled whispering in eachother ear, i was glad i was raising them to be best friends. Speaking of best friends i made a memo to call my bestie. I had almost forgot about Maria and the dead nigga in her house, last I'd heard she was wanted now, but ain't no one know where the hell she was. It was crazy as hell, and i was starting to think she really did kill that nigga. Taking a breather from my thoughts i realized i was still in the air and jittered around with my necklace looking at the plane right side wing. "My planes are safe Queen, she has a expectancy checkup ever week and three time before she takes flight. I assure you everything is going to be fine"

I gave him a look that had SHUT THE FUCK UP and i told him with a calm voice "shut the hell up"

He just chuckled and typed away on his labtop thats when his ear phone fell out and a gossple song started playing, it was an older gossple song though from a woman voice i thought i knew but maybe not. He looked up noticing my look " Cece Winans, heard of her?" that was her name but this nigga was really listening to it the whole time.... He muatbhad been those overly religous people, and i never really enforced myself to that stuff but i knew who she was, one of Ma Dukes favorite woman and my mothers before she passed.
"I dont really listen to gossple" i admit with a shrug

He nodded with a light smile, is it ok if i ask why not?"

I blinked, and mentally went back into my whole life "it was never enforced to me" i answered straight. My mother was highly religious but her tough love was old old old school, almost evil, when she passed i was happy I'd be able to branch out for myself. I was only 7 though.

I wasn't about to go into this whole life storybof me, i had to admit, I'd been threw some shit. Inalso had to admit i aint never tdll no one about my mother, no one Not Keisha not Andrew ... No one .. The look Owen gives me is like he understood and i hated that shit, cause he don't understand shit. "You'll learn to love him? Shebstates nonchalantly with a slight shrug.

"So what, you like overly religious or something..."

She shook his head "not at all, i go to church often but not often enough, i listen to gospel mostly when im on the plane" he shrugged "never been the religous type either but i believe there's a God cause i was taught too"

I nodded not interested any more... Well, i just didn't want to talk nomore about it. Talking Didnt stop me from thinking about it though. Then when i tried to ask him a question, he was leaned back withbhis eyes close.

Damn. Maybe it won't for me to know, everything I've done in my life was somthing God wouldn't approve of. All the shit I've done is what he sent people to hell for. I was certain when he died he wouldn't hesitate to throw my ass in the fire.

Peace wasn't in my every day to day life.

But.. When i looked around i realized how steady the plane glided, April and Jr both snored in Shanty lap, i knew they'd make they way over to me in a little while.

My head began to hurt and my eyes got heavy, i finished up this planner and sending out emails regarding an State Event for Owen. I leaned my head back after setting everything to the side, and fell asleep with ease.

Andrew was on my mind as i slowly fell asleep and i missed him but i never felt this peaceful before. I wish we all could run away together instead of him living that fast life.