48. 7 months later

With a round belly and an aching back i bounced on my therapeutic ball and typed on the desk longing in meeting on the calendar. Owen came out his office and gave me a cup of water "you hungry?"

"Starving" i smiled as he helped me up and led me to the elevator. His business was in the process of moving to a bigger building and there were things boxed up. When i asked for my job back and explained some details he offered me my job right away and rented a place for me and the kids. It was a kind gesture to a good start and i was just glad i had my job back.

April & Jr were with a girl name Samantha who was a senior in high school and needed a side job. I was happy the kids took to her well, see as how close they were to Shanty.

I signed and paused for a moment "I'll meet you in the car" i told Owen and escorted myself to the restroom.

I pulled out my phone going to tmy text messages. 7 months ago, three days before i left Drew, he texted me:

Hey its me Andrew, this is my new number

I hadn't spoke to him but i didnt swnd him pictures of the baby. Which i found our two months ago that i was have, yet again, twins but both were girls. I wasn't surprised when i found out. His mother told me a long time ago that she was a twin, and her sisters. I remember she told me she was surprised that she herself didn't have twins.

I traced my finger over the number and pressed it, then pressed call. It rung a few times until he picked up, "hello" he sounded out of breath and and i rolled my eyes picturing him fucking a bitch or at party or something. "Queen?"

"Yes" i said forgetting why i was calling.

"Hey" he chuckled in a relieving kind of way, "h-how are you? Our kids?" he paused and cleared his throat "i-I'm assuming you called for a reason?"

"I have a doctors appointment" i blurted out "i figured I'd call you in advanced because i don't know which state you could be in.. So i figured I'd let you know" i rambled and clearing my throat again "its on the 15th at, um, 3:30. Same clinic as usually"

"You're still in the states"

"My job is actually moving soon so, I'll only be here long enough to have the babies"

"Yeah thats seems nice, working and all.. How's that going to work, with your job ?" i rolled my eyes and signed

"You're out of breath..."

"Oh , yeah went for a run"

It got quiet on the phone and i blinked looking up at thw ceiling feeling the tears come down from my eyes rolling down my cheeks "and i figured since you'd be down here, you know you could see Jr and April, they miss you"

"Queen i love that, i can get a plane ticket for tomorrow, spend the week with them, if that's ok?"

"Yeah yeah fine" i sniffed pulling the phone away from my ear and grabbing tissues "umm so see you soon"

"Of course, I'll see you later Queen"

I hung up and cursed at these damn hormones. My stomach growled and i hurried out to meet Owen in the car down stairs.

.
.

The car ride was quiet, i honestly couldn't think of anything other then me inviting Andrew back here. I looked down at Owen and i hands that held tight to each others. Owen had a good mind, and he was smart. He liked my kids and took us out a couple times. He never showed judgment toward me being pregnant and ask only once was the father in the kids life: its complicated i told him. When he asked if he was in my life i told him no. Andrew wasnt in my life. The scares on my back and the 89% functional right hand was proof of that. I didnt want that man back into my life but inside of me i was empty. Owen was great, consoling, assuring, and attractive - he was the entire package but him hold my hand, us being together, me carry Drew's babies.

I wanted Andrew but i wanted him in the best of ways. I wanted to be married, take family pictures. Not fear for his life, and i didn't have to fear for Owen's life. You don't just leave the game that easily.

"What's the matter?" Owen asked, i looked at him realizing i blanked out.

"Nothing" he lifted my hand planting a kiss onto it

"talk to me, I'm all ears"

I signed and removed my hand from his, "just" my hand began to trimmer which was nothing out of the ordinary now, it does it occasionally. "I'm just enjoying the times and moments i was able to spend with you. Professionally and romantically, you have really been good to me" it was a complete lie. Of course, it wasnt what had me so bothered but it was all true of how much i appreciated him and his affection towards me. The dates, walks home to the door, the kiss on the cheeks, the hand kissing, flowers - it was all overwhelming but lovely in a sense.

"You know you changed right?" he smiled "i dont know, when i first met you were demanding and vicious, man could you bring a brotha to his knees and bow to you" i smiled at that "but you're calm now"

"Is that a bad thing"

He chuckles "no, i honestly liked the both sides of you, but the Calm Queen, and the nasty queen, they still seem sad - you still seem sad"

I looked away from his eyes and licked my lips "i think they are" i told him.

"You miss somebody" he stated "and i understand if I'm not the person you love, but i do care for you Queen, foe you and your children. Everyday spent with you and them is an amazing highlight to my entire day, and hopefully one day, for the rest of my life" i looked back at him nd blinked in pure amazement. No he didnt just, i cleared my throat "you have to rush, I'm not rushing anything, or you, i just want to be allowed to care for you at least"

"Owen, i dont want to hurt-"

He leaned in amd kissed my lips, the first kiss he'd given me since we've been talking. I wasn't necessarily waiting on our first kiss nor had i even thought it would happen but here i was. Kissing Owen back, his lips soft and warm and sweet. He slowly moved from my lips but was still so close to me "you cannot hurt a man, you can only deny him, i just really hope I'm not the man being denied"