Love In The Moonlight (Chapter 13)

13.

Just so ya'll know, this writing this story has been so much fun for me. I hope you all are enjoying just as much. I get phone calls from my friends asking me for the next chapters, these kinda requests let me know that I should continue on!!! Thank you to all the fans, new and old!

Don't forget to....VOTE VOTE VOTE!!

Now back to the story!

__________________________________________________________________________________

Kalee walked back to the waiters station in the back of the bar to get some refills for her customers, she quickly glanced down at her wrist watch, 7:30pm. The sun had already set and she knew Connor wouldn't be able to be reached until dawn, but he never called her to tell her what happened with council, the thought of things going badly made her stomach churn as bile rose in the back of her throat. Thankfully she was working a short shift again tonight, Kalee hoped for some reason Connor would leave her some kind of sign at home. Kalee turned quickly to return the refills to their owners and tried to push the bad thoughts out of her mind, there would be plenty of time for worrying later!

__________________________________________________________________________________

"Father." Connor stiffened as Ian walked into the room.

"Son." Ian walked to face Connor, "I have come to hear what you have to say to the council on behalf of that woman and her young."

Connor watch as his father moved to sit with the rest of the council. "Father, Council, I have called you here to ask you for permission and advice. I have already taken this matter to my father, who turned it down with out seeing reason, I am hope you can see reason and not pass judgment before you hear all I have to say." Connor stopped to watch everyone nod in agreement except his father, who sat with a cold, stern look on his face. "I met a woman a few days ago, I have all intentions on claiming her, but she has a child." A few people from the council held their breath waiting to hear more, "I know we typically don't breed with humans, because of the past, but this woman is half shifter herself! Her father was orphaned as a young child and never grew up in a pack, and had no clue what he had done once he claimed her mother. Now she and her brother are all that is left, her brother can shift completely and she shows no signs of it affecting her. But like I said before she has a child." Connor watched his father intently, trying to read his face that was like stone, the man showed no emotion. "Now the child's..... father, " Connor gritted it out, that man wasn't a father to Ali, he was merely a sperm donor, "was human, but we can not tell if she will carry to gift of shifting or not. Since it skipped her mother, how do we know it won't fall upon her? Can we simply let her grow up with out having an idea as to how to cope with it, if she in fact does shift at puberty?" Connor's gazed fell upon the entire council as the turned to one another and conversed quietly.

"Connor Bayne, Omega, we will graciously consider you concerns for the young one and you intentions with her mother. We will not make any decisions tonight. We, the council will let you know of our answer in due time."

Connor simply nodded and turned to walk out of the council room. "Connor," His father walked toward him, still his face like stone.

"Yes, father?" Connor refused to lower his gaze from his father like most did, as a sign of respect, Connor knew if he wanted the Alpha position he could take it, it may not be easily done but it could be done.

"I, too, will consider all I heard here tonight. You may be right about the young one. I would like to meet this woman and her child. So you will bring them here in a few nights, I am certain your mother would want to meet the one who will be providing her with grandchildren." Connor couldn't believe that man, over the past years he had become more and more closed off to everyone around him. He had stopped being the same father he had been when Connor was a boy, years ago, now he was just a stone wall, with no feelings.