Love In The Moonlight (Chapter 20)

20.

Before I get started I wanted to again thank all the fans new and old!!! Ya'll are awesome and watching my numbers go up everyday make me partically giddy! My husband sure gets a good laugh at me bouncing around all excited about more fans, reads, vote and the awesome comments!!! Thank you to my partial muse for continuing to read the story and give me your honest opinion, oh and letting me use you life situation! *ppsstt* Happy BIRFTDAY too!!! :P Thank you again and keep on voting!

______________________________________________________________________________

Knock Knock Knock

Ian heavily walked to the front door, who could possibly be stopping for a visit at 8:30 in the morning? Flinging open the door he sees Connor and Kalee holding hands, "Good morning son, Kalee. What can I do for you?"

Connor smile smuggly reaching over and pulling Kalee's shirt off her shoulder slightly to reveal the red bite marks. When they had woken up that morning, Connor carefully cleaned the wound for her, when he was finished he bent down and kissed it lighty, sending shivers of pleasure up her spine, she had wondered if it would be that way every time he touched that spot. "She is MINE now, and I am her's, so call off Lauren! And I need to know if you will accept her in the pack?"

Ian moved back from the door way, "Come in and have some breakfast, I'll call the council." Connor lead the way to the kitchen, where Elizabeth, Connor's mom, was cooking hot cakes and sausage.

"Awww. Good morning, honey, Kalee, did you two have a good night?" She winked at Connor but Kalee saw it too, causing her cheeks to turn a pretty shade of pink.

"Yes, Mom." He chuckled and again pulled the shoulder of her shirt down to show his mother the red marks proudly.

Elizabeth began to clap happily, "OH I'm so excited for you two. Oh I can't wait to have more grand-babies!"

"More?" Kalee looked confused. "You have sibilings?"

"Oh dear, not anymore he doesn't, but I was actually referring to Ali." Elizabeth's face grew grave.

Kalee turned to look at Connor with sad eyes, she began to whisper, "Not anymore, what happened?"

"She died." Connor's eyes hazed of with pain and sadness, Kalee reached over and took his hand in comfort. "She was my twin sister, Ashling, but we called her Ash."

"How?" Kalee asked softly, as Elizabeth sat down on the other side of Connor.

"Ashling and Connor shifted for the first time together, which is very odd, but we assumed it was because they were so close and twins. But when they were out they got too far away from where the pack normally roams, well Ashling got to close to a human's house, they spotted her and shot her." Elizabeth spoke softly, she was on the verge of tears, this must of been a wound that was far from healing.

"I'm so sorry." Connor looked over at her and squeezed her hand reassuringly.

"It still hurts, but I know she wouldn't want us moping around for the rest of our lives either."

Just then Ian walked back into the kitchen, he glanced at all the sad faces, "What's wrong?"

"Oh nothing, dear, Kalee just learned about Ashling." With that name spoken Ian's face grew tight but his shoulders slumped, he must of taken her death harder than she thought he would.

He composed himself and looked up, "Connor, the council is on their way, so eat up, boy."

______________________________________________________________________________