Love In The Moonlight (Chapter 4)

By: Stacy Leonhardt Gravely

© All Rights Reserved - 2010

4.

'Keep your head up Kalee, be confident, he's just a guy! You can do this!' Kalee kept repeating to herself as she made her way toward the mystery man, the man who's eyes caused her heart to flutter. Finally reaching his table she took a deep breath before speaking.

"Hi, I'm Kalee and I'll be your server tonight. Can I start you off with a drink?" Kalee couldn't help but to smile at the delighted look on his chiseled face.

"Sure, I'll take a Diet Coke." He looked up at her from under his thick eye lashes and gave her a seductive smile. Connor desperately wanted to reach out and touch her, to see if her skin felt as soft as it looked.

"Alright. I'll be right back." Kalee quickly spun around to high tailed it back to the server's station, where Simone was watching her every move. As she grabbed a glass filling it with ice then Diet Coke, Simone leaned towards her whispering.

"Girl, who is that hunk of man meat?"

Kalee looked over at her friend, her cheeks were flushed, "I don't know but his eyes are so beautiful. I could look into those all night!" She quickly glanced over her shoulder to make sure her customer wasn't growing impatient. He wasn't he just sat there looking around every other second letting his gaze fall back on her causing her heart to flutter over and over again.

"Don't worry, hon. If you play your cards right, you could be staring into those eyes all night! He's looking at you now... and its not in a 'I just wanna be friends' way!" Simone nudged her softly. Kalee turned to take the drink to him and Simone whispered, "Go get 'em Tiger!"

__________________________________________________________________________________

'Kalee... her name is Kalee. It suits her... perfectly!' Connor tried desperately to calm his fluttering heart as he watched Kalee get him his drink. 'Oh crap, her friend is watching me and whispering to her.' Kalee turned and started to make her way back towards Connor causing his heart rate to accelerate further.

"Here ya go, a diet coke. Are you ready to order or do you need a few more minutes, sir?" She asked Connor. He loved to hear her slight southern accent, he wondered if it was more prominent when she was in a more comfortable setting.

Connor smiled back at her, "You can call me, Connor. And I'll take the burger and fries and..........." Connor hesitated but he couldn't help it he wanted to make her blush again, " and I'll take your number on the side."

Kalee's cheeks flooded with blood turning two shades darker. She didn't respond she just looked up from her order pad and smiled nervously. "Umm... So that was a burger and fries... um... right?"

"Yeah." Connor chuckled to himself. Watching her face flush with him asking for her number made him excited. He hoped she would slip it to him sometime during the night or he'd just keep coming back until she gave him her number or she took his. He was determined to get to know her better.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Kalee shuffled toward the computer at the server station and placed "Connor's" order. The name alone made her heave a sigh of delight. Then when he asked for her number, she thought her heart had skipped not just one beat but many times. She wanted desperately to give him her number but worried about getting attached to him and the trouble that came along with heart ache. She couldn't do that to herself especially with Ali involved too. It happened with Ali's father, actually her "sperm donor", and Kalee refused for that to happen again. But something pulled her to Connor, like an invisible magnetic force pulling them or at least her toward him, she had no clue if he felt the same thing or if he just wanted to get in her pants.