Prologue

Prologue

  Remembering of the time when I used to laugh at his corny jokes, to him singing a piece of music he worked hard on the previous night, or the times of passing notes during the middle of class, when I think of him, it hits hard right into my soul. The memories fade slowly as every day passes. I hear that he's traveling the world along with the friends of his that I grew to love throughout my last year in high school. They are always the talk of the town, guess you can say they are hometown heroes.

   It's been a long time since I've heard his voice including his singing. I refuse to listen to the recordings of his gifted voice only for the simple fact that I'd be disappointed. Now don't get me wrong, I'm sure his voice on the tracks are outstanding like always, but when it comes to me, when I've heard his voice at his rawest and passionate times, it would never be able to compare the recordings. 

  There's always one song that plays through my head, it's on my mind when I wake up and to the time I fall asleep. The song makes me think of all the memories and sadly the song consumes me with great sorrow. And as I think about the song in my head right before I fall asleep, as if I could hear the band play the song for thousands of kids. And every night the kids sing along to the lyrics of the song. I'm sure he thinks about me as he sings. Or at least that's what I like to think. 

  He has changed as so I heard. He dyed his hair partly pink and his hair isn't always suffocated by hairspray. I laugh at the thought of him always using half of the bottled hairspray in the mornings to get ready for school.  I also heard he can control his anger and his anxiety issues as well. In which is heartwarming to hear, knowing his past and all. Along with being a part of his past.

  But as good memories flood my mind, the bad ones come in. High school was a harsh and uneasy time but the most magnificent and probably the most illuminated time of my life at the same time. 

  It all started on the first day of senior year. I was the long time nobody in high school, mainly because I was mute throughout my life in school and that's how I got the name of 'mute girl'. And that's what everyone addresses me as ever since first grade. I have selective mutism and with that being said, I'm an anxiety mess. Then there was the new student who goes by the name of Alex, he was curious, and so intrigue by me for some odd reason. He was a controlling angry guy with himself at the time. And needless to say he needed help as much as I did. But throughout his life, no one ever realize the pain deep inside he had that swell deep within every day. This made everything stir at Dulaney high school, even for him and I.

And here is how everything came about.