Chapter 29

{Song in video: Panjabi MC - Mundian To Bach Ke}

The next few weeks, things have got slightly better, but I could tell Raj was still a bit distant to me, even though we're not exactly fighting. Things haven't gotten any worse, which I was thankful for, even though I just wanted everything to be back to normal. I just didn't know what to say or do make everything how it used to be.

It was now the day of the wedding, and Lauren and Remi were over at my house getting ready.

"I can't believe I'm going to an Indian wedding," Lauren said, grinning. "I mean, this is so awesome."

"I know right?" Remi said.

We were all wearing are sarees, including Takara.

After we were done, we rode in the car Takara and I drive. Takara was driving it today on the way to where the wedding will be held.

We parked in the parking lot, and then got out of the car.

We walked inside where the ceremony will be held, and there were quite a few people already there. I saw Raj talking to his parents and some other people that I didn't know. Everyone there was wearing a colorful traditional Indian outfit, and were happily chatting with one another.

The decoration colors were orange, red, and pink, and looked outstanding and beautiful.

I went up to Raj, who was done talking to his family for the time being. "Hey," I said, smiling. "This place looks so beautiful."

"Hey," Raj said, slightly smiling back at me. "You look beautiful."

"Thanks." I grinned.

He looked over at something behind me. "Hey...I'll be right back. I have to do something real quick." He walked off to the other side of the room.

I realized that he was talking to a blonde girl in a pink saree. At first, I couldn't tell who it was, but then I gasped when I realized that it was Shoshanna. What is she doing here of all places?

"Did I just see Shoshanna?" Remi asked as she came up to me.

"Yeah..." I said. "I don't know what she's doing here."

"Do you think Raj invited her?"

I shrugged. "I don't know."

"Well, we're going to find out. Let's go." She grabbed my arm, and we walked over to them.

Raj and Shoshanna looked over at us. "Hey," Shoshanna said cheerfully, and gave Remi and I hugs. "Isn't this place so pretty?"

"What are you doing here?" Remi asked her bluntly.

She blinked a few times, having a straight face, but a few seconds later she laughed. "Priya invited me."

Raj gave Remi and I a look.

"How do you know Priya?" Remi raised an eyebrow.

"Because I used to date Raj and he introduced us." She smiled again. "You two look so gorgeous, by the way."

"Thanks," I said, forcing a smile. I felt slightly uncomfortable with her being here, but this was Priya's wedding after all.

"Well, the ceremony is going to start soon, and everyone is starting to sit down, so that's what I'm going to do," Raj said.

Remi, Shoshanna, and I followed Raj, and sat down.

Soon, the groom arrived, and a few minutes later, the bride arrived.