Chapter 11

{Character in picture: Chace Crawford as Joseph "Joey" Whittaker}

{Song in video: Arctic Monkeys - Do I Wanna Know?}

"So what do you want to do?" I asked Lauren as soon as I opened my front door. We were hanging out today at my house. Remi and Takara would have came, but Remi had to babysit her younger brother, Thomas, or as we called him, Tommy, and Takara was at a job interview for Charlotte Russe, which was a teen girl's and young women's chain store.

"Uh...I don't know..." Lauren replied, and we laughed.

After a few minutes, we decided to go up to my room, and paint our nails. I was painting my fingers pink, while Lauren painted hers indigo blue.

"So...is there anyone you like?" I asked her casually. I didn't know how to make the question seem less obvious.

"Uh...I'm not sure..." Lauren said slowly, looking up at the ceiling. She looked back at me. "Why?" She gave me a confused look.

"Oh I'm just wondering." I tried not to laugh.

"I can tell you're about to laugh. Is there something you want to talk about?" She jokingly stared me down.

Crap, she's on to me!. "Uh...I was just asking if you had a crush on anyone." My voice went higher pitch.

"Your voice is higher, Kace. You can tell me anything. You know that right?" She put her hand on my shoulder, giving me a reassuring smile.

"I know but...just answer the question please." I pleaded.

She took a deep breath and sighed. "Okay, but I'm not sure if I actually like him or it's something else. It's very complicated actually..." She twiddled her thumbs, looking down at the floor. "But you can't tell anyone, not even Remi. And I'm not even one hundred percent sure about this."

"I won't tell anyone." I gave her a reassuring smile.

"Okay, here it goes...I may or may not like Felix." She closed her eyes, wincing.

"Oh okay, cool." I smiled.

"That's it? That's all you're going to say? You don't seem surprised or disgusted..." She raised an eyebrow, giving me a confused look.

"It's great actually!" I changed my smile to a grin. "I think you two would look cute together. You should ask him out!" I giddily jumped up and down on my bed.

"And there's your surprised happy face." She smiled, crossing her arms. "I want to jump on your bed too!" She got up and started jumping.

Just then, Jay opened the door. "What on Earth is going on here?" He had a straight expressionless face at first, and then burst out laughing once he realized what was happening.

"Hey, Jay!" I jumped off the bed to hug him.

Lauren did the same thing, grinning.

"Oh, did I get another daughter?" He joked, and we laughed.

"That would be so cool," Lauren said.

"Well, I'll leave you to be, but don't destroy anything." He jokingly gave us a warning look, and then we laughed again.

We waved at Jay as he left my room. "Okay, so back to the Felix thing," I said, poking her sides.

"Oh Jeez," Lauren said, rolling her eyes. "It's not a big deal. It's probably just a phase or something. I mean he's our close guy friend so sometimes feelings can get weird and what not."

"What if he liked you back?" I managed to say without squeaking my voice.

She thought about it for a moment, and shrugged. "I don't know...I guess that'll be different."

"What do you mean by different?"

"Like if he actually liked me, then I may give him a chance. But I don't know, we're all close friends, and what if it doesn't work out? It would be awkward for not only me and him, but for you guys as well. I would be afraid of ruining our friendship." She had a straight face expression.

"You can't always worry about that though. I've heard of guy and girl best friends becoming a couple, and a lot of them turn out great. What if he's the one?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah...I guess you have a point there." She picked up purple nail polish. "Well, it's not like I have to worry anyways. He most likely doesn't have a crush on me." She chuckled.

"You never know." I said in a sing-song voice. I wasn't sure if I should tell her yet or not. It was Felix's business after all. I would just tell him first, and then he would ask her out.

She put the nail polish down, then smirked. "Ah, I know why you're asking me that question..."

My eyes widened. "You do?"

"Yeah! You like Raj, and you're afraid of ruining your friendship with him if he ever asked you out!" She grinned.

"Oh..." I let out a sigh of relief.

"And you were wanting feedback just in case I liked Felix. You don't have to worry because I'm pretty sure he likes you back."

"You keep saying that..." I felt my face flush.

"Yeah, because I think it's true."

"Has he told you that?"

Her face slightly fell. "Well, not technically."

"Then you don't know that." I gave her a smug smile.

"Eh, well...You can try finding out. It won't hurt." She shrugged.

"I guess..." I looked over at our chips and cookies. "I think our nail polish is dry now, so we can eat."

"Yay!" She grinned, clapping her hands. She then ate a sugar cookie.

"We make the best desserts." I grinned.

"Yup, we sure do!" We high fived, giggling.

We decided to watch Clueless, one of our favorite movies.

**********

A/N: So Kaci finds out that Lauren likes Felix, and Kaci already knows that Felix likes Lauren. What would you do if you were in Kaci's situation? Would you tell each of them, or would you let them tell each other?

READ

VOTE

COMMENT