Chapter 4

{Character in picture: Avan Jogia as Rajesh "Raj" Singh}

{Song in video: Walk The Moon - Anna Sun}

Me and Lauren were working at the bakery this afternoon. Lauren and her mom were baking a batch of blondies in the kitchen while me and a few of my co-workers were taking customers' orders.

So far, I've been doing a pretty good job with the cash register. Lauren trained me the past few days and I quickly got the hang of it. Sure, it was a tad bit confusing at first but then I got it.

For the past few hours, I've been taking people's orders, surprised that Raj hasn't shown up yet. Wait, why was I thinking of Raj? Even though he's cute, he's still annoying.

I got a slice of cake for a customer. "Enjoy your cake!" I said to the customer happily. Even though Raj came here every day and annoyed me constantly, I really loved my job. Of course I'd rather be baking desserts in the kitchen, but I knew I had to do other things if I ever wanted to have my own bakery, like Lauren's mom.

I saw Raj enter through the door, and I put a few strands of my hair behind my ear. "Hey Lil' Red," Raj said to me as he got to the counter.

"Hey," I greeted, giving him a slight smile.

"Oh you're actually smiling at me." He gave me a sly smile.

"Don't ruin it." I rolled my eyes, trying to hold back laughter.

"I know you're holding back your laugh." He raised an eyebrow, looking amused.

At that, I burst out laughing. Ugh darn you. Unfortunately, I laughed at basically everything and anything. Whenever someone said something funny and everyone in the group laughed, I was always the last person that stopped. "Ugh whatever," I mumbled. "Anyways, what would you like to get?"

"The usual."

I blinked. "Which is...?" I gave him a confused look.

"You don't remember the usual? You've taken my order for a few days now."

"Well I don't remember." I gave him a look. "Just tell me what you want."

"Orrr...you can figure it out." He smirked.

"How am I going to do that? Just tell me the order and I'll get it for you."

He paused for a moment and acted like he was thinking. "Nah, I'd rather just let you figure it out."

"You know if I screw up your order multiple times then you have to pay that many times." I crossed my arms, giving him a look. Good thing there weren't any customers behind him because they would probably get impatient.

"Fine by me." He grinned.

Rolling my eyes and scoffing under my breath, I got him two slices of pumpkin pie. How am I supposed to remember what he likes ordering? Why couldn't he just tell me what he wants? "Is this what you wanted?" I asked, handing the two slices of pumpkin pie to him.

"Nope but I'll gladly take them," he replied, having a slightly amused look on his face.

"Ugh." I knew he wanted two slices of something, but didn't remember what. This would have been a lot easier if he just simply told me what he wanted.

Lauren walked out of the kitchen. She grinned as she saw Raj. "Hey friend," she said to him.

"'Sup Lauren," Raj said to her and smiled.

Lauren turned to me. "So did you get him his usual?" She asked.

I opened my mouth to reply, but Raj beat me to it. "No, she didn't," he said.