Chapter 12

{Character in picture: Heather Locklear as Holly Beckham}

{Song in video: Taylor Swift - Love Story}

I came to school with a cheerful smile on my face. "What's up with you, Kace?" Felix asked as me, Lauren, Remi, and Takara walked up to him and Raj.

"What do you mean?" I asked innocently, with a semi higher voice. I was pretty sure it wasn't that noticeable though.

"You have a really happy smile on your face." He half-smirked.

"Doesn't she always?" Raj said.

"Yeah, but it's a little different than other times."

I came closer to Felix, and whispered, "I have great news."

"Really? What is it?" He gave me a confused look.

"Seriously?" I rolled my eyes. Sometimes Felix could be pretty clueless.

"Oh!" He exclaimed as if he just gotten what I was talking about.

"What are you two whispering about?" Lauren asked suspiciously.

I opened my mouth to say something but Felix covered it, and said, "Oh nothing!"

I gave him a look and shoved him. "What are you doing?" I hissed at him.

"You were going to talk with that high pitched squeaky voice of yours! You would have gave everything away." He raised an eyebrow.

"Oh...right." I winced.

"You know, you two have been acting weird lately," Raj said, crossing his arms and furrowing his eyebrows.

"Really? I don't know what you're talking about," Felix said, trying to act natural.

"He's right," Takara said. "You two are acting weird. What is going on?"

Just then, the bell rang. "Well we've got to get to class!" I exclaimed, hurriedly running to class. I knew I couldn't avoid Lauren, Remi, and Raj in my first class.

Lauren caught up with me in the hallway outside of Mr. Bentley's class. "Hey, what's up with you?" She asked, slightly frowning.

"Oh...uh...well you see-" I started to say but then Felix caught up with us and interrupted.

"Wait!" Felix exclaimed.

Lauren gave him a weird look. "Okay..." she said.

"What I've been wanting to say is...Lauren Beckham, I like you. I mean, I like you more than a friend, and I was wondering if you wanted to go on a date with me sometime."

Lauren's mouth dropped open. "Oh wow...um yeah I'd like to do that. I like you too..."

I grinned at them. "Awww, look at you two!" I exclaimed.

"Way to ruin the moment, Kace." Lauren jokingly gave me a look.

"Sorry." I winced and then laughed.

Takara caught up with us, with Raj and Remi following behind her. "What is going on?" Remi asked, looking confused.

"Felix and Lauren are dating!" I exclaimed.

Lauren and Felix blushed, awkwardly smiling. "Yeah..." Felix said.

Raj's face softened. "Really? Wow, I never expected that," he said.

"Congrats, you two!" Takara exclaimed, grinning.

"Thanks," Lauren said, smiling.

Takara looked at the time on her phone. "Crap, I've got to get to class! My first period is way on the other side of the school!" She exclaimed, and then quickly ran away.