Chapter 9

{Character in picture: Terry Crews as Jay Williams}

{Song in video: Sheryl Crow - Soak Up The Sun}

Since my mom and step dad were busy fitness training people, me, Kristen, Takara, and Marcus decided to hang out today as a family.

"So what do you guys want to do a little later?" Marcus asked us. "I have to work on producing music for a bit, and then we can do whatever."

I didn't know Marcus that well, but I could tell he was ambitious about being a music producer. He was pretty good at it actually.

"Sounds good," Takara said. "Maybe we can go to the beach or something."

"Yeah that sounds fun!" I exclaimed, nodding in agreement. "I haven't been to the beach in a while."

"Sounds good to me too. I love meeting cute boys at the beach," Kristen said, smirking.

"Then it's settled. We're going to the beach later," Marcus said, smiling.

The door bell rang, and since I was the closest to the front door, I went to open it. "Hey," I said to Joey Whittaker, Marcus' best friend who also helps him produce music.

"Hey, Kaci," Joey said, smiling at me.

When I first met him, I had the biggest crush on him. He had brown hair, and the bluest eyes I've ever seen. He had a nice, yet mature personality. He was also twenty three, so I knew I could never end up with him. It took me a little while to get over my crush on him.

"Yo, Joseph," Marcus said as he got to the door.

"Hey, Joey," Kristen said, also coming to the front door. She flipped her hair and batted her eyelashes.

"Girl please, you're fifteen," Takara muttered under her breath. Me and her laughed as Kristen glared at us.

"So? I've had twenty year olds flirt with me before." She scoffed and rolled her eyes. She turned back to Joey. "So...how have you been?" She grinned.

"I've been good. How are you?" Joey asked her back.

"I've been good too. Hey, we're going to the beach later. Want to come with us?" She touched his arm and smiled.

"I'd like to, but I've been busy this past week. Maybe next time."

"Anyways," Marcus said, rolling his eyes, "Let's finish producing this song, man."

"Sure thing," Joey said. "I'll see you guys later." He smiled and waved at us as him and Marcus went to the basement.

"He totally waved at me," Kristen said confidentially, putting pink lip gloss on her lips.

"Sure he did," I mumbled sarcastically.

A little over an hour later, we got ready to go to the beach. I put on a pink bikini, and put on flip flops. I came out of the room, and packed a few snacks and water bottles in the cooler.

The ocean was nice today; not too rough but just the right amount of waves. It was about 80 degrees out, and it was breezy on the beach.

"Do you have any leftover desserts from the bakery?" Takara asked me.

"Yeah, I put some cookies and cakes in there," I said, grinning.

"Okay guys, are you all ready?" Marcus asked us.

"Not yet, I'm putting on makeup," Kristen said, applying makeup on her face.

"Why? We're going to the beach..." I said.

"Because they'll be boys there, duh." She said it as if it were the most obvious thing ever.

"Okay, let's get in the car then," Marcus said, having a weird look on his face.

The four of us walked out the door, and then went in Marcus' car. About fifteen minutes later, we got to the beach. We got out of the car, and I carried a few towels, Marcus carried the coolers, Takara carried a few bags, and Kristen was applying lip gloss and looking in her small compact mirror. We walked and settled our towels down in an area that wasn't filled with tons of people.

"Kace, do you have the sun screen?" Kristen asked me.

"Yeah," I said, giving her the sun screen.

She put on sun screen, and then quickly walked over to a random group of cute guys and started talking to them.

I put on sun screen, and then laid down on my towel so I can get a decent tan.

Takara and Marcus also applied sun screen, and then ate a few snacks from the cooler.

"Hey, do you want to walk with us?" Takara asked me when her and Marcus were done eating.

"Sure," I said, getting up. "Should I ask Kristen if she wants to join?"

We both looked over at Kristen, who was laughing and playing Frisbee with the guys.

"It's up to you," Takara said to me with an amused smile on her face.

"I'll ask because I'm nice." I took a deep breath and marched over to Kristen and the guys. "Hey, we're going to go walking. Want to come with us?" I asked her.

She raised her eyebrows at me. "Uh...only if the guys want to join," she replied.

"We'll join!" One of the guys said, grinning.

"Okay," I said and then walked over to Takara and Marcus, who were waiting.

"Who are these guys?" Takara asked, pointing at them.

"They're new friends I met," Kristen said cheerfully, poking one of them in the sides.

She raised her eyebrows, turning to me. "How does she do that?"

"I'm not very sure..." I said, shrugging.

"Want to go in the water?"

"Yeah, let's go!" I grinned, and we went in the water.

We went in the water, and splashed each other for a little while.

"What are you two doing? I thought we were walking," Marcus said, approaching us.

"Yeah but we can walk anytime. There's an ocean here," Takara said.

"Yeah, come enjoy the water!" I exclaimed as I splashed him.

"Hey!" Marcus exclaimed, splashing us.

"I didn't splash you! Why are you splashing me?" Takara said, laughing and splashing him.

We did that for a few minutes, and then went back to walking. "Where's Kristen?" Marcus asked, looking around.

"She's still with the guys," I said, pointing ahead. They were about twenty feet in front of us.

We continued walking on the beach for a half an hour, and then went back to our area to rest. We sat the rest of the time there, and talked and ate.

**********

A/N: Kaci and her sibling and step siblings went to the beach to hang out :)

READ

VOTE

COMMENT