Chapter 8

{Character in picture: Carmit Bachar as Kristina Williams}

{Song in video: Selena Gomez - Naturally}

For the next few weeks, Takara was hanging out with us, and we were getting closer together. Me and Raj were also getting a little closer. Sometimes I wondered if he did like me, but I'm somewhat clueless when it came to that sort of thing. I knew Lauren thought so, but it was sort of hard for me to believe. I noticed that Felix would act a little strange around Lauren lately, so I was wondering if he liked her.

After me and Lauren got off of work, we all met at the park to hang out. We were the last ones to arrive; Remi, Takara, Raj, and Felix were already there, sitting next to a big slide on the playground.

"We have cookies," Lauren grinned as we came up to them.

"Heck yeah! You all make the best cookies ever," Remi said, grabbing a few cookies.

"I concur," Raj said, as he took a cookie out of my hands and ate it.

"Hey!" I exclaimed, giving him a look. "That was my cookie!"

"There's plenty of other cookies." He gave me an amused look while pointing at the container.

"Yeah, you could have got it from the container." I rolled my eyes. I grabbed another cookie and licked it, so he wouldn't grab another one.

"Like that would stop me." He muttered under his breath and chuckled.

"There's plenty of cookies to go around, Raj," Lauren said, rolling her eyes.

"I know," he said with his mouth full.

"These are great!" Felix exclaimed, happily munching on a cookie. "I need to stop by the bakery more often."

"You should. I go there every day, literally," Raj said.

"I need to go there more often too. I've only been there once," Takara said.

We continued munching on our cookies and talking. After we were done, we went to do different things; Takara and Remi went on the swings, Felix and Lauren went on the slides and played Freeze Tag with a few kids, and Raj and I walked around the park.

"I'm surprised you're not wearing heels here," Raj joked.

I smacked him in the arm, and he laughed. "You're acting like I always wear them," I said, jokingly squinting my eyes.

"That's because you do." He chuckled as I smacked his arm again.

"I do not!" I pouted. "I don't wear them at work or here."

"Okay, so two places." He chuckled again. For the third time, I smacked his arm. "Why do you keep on smacking me? You're like a little kitten."

I raised my eyebrows and gave him a look. "Really? A kitten?"

"Your smacks don't even hurt."

"Oh yeah? Watch this." I punched his arm, and he laughed. "What? Why are you laughing?!"

"Because it's so cute!" He doubled over laughing.

"Ugh you're so annoying sometimes!" I threw my hands up in the air.

"I know." He grinned, patting me on the head.

"Stop doing that!" I shoved his arms away, and he continued laughing. The nerve of this guy.

"It's so cute and funny when you get mad." He gave me a slight smirk.

My face flushed, and I crossed my arms. "Whatever." I mumbled. I looked at Felix and Lauren, who climbed a tree and sat on a branch.

The next thing I knew, a few kids, who Felix and Lauren were playing Freeze Tag with earlier, went under their branch and started singing, "Felix and Lauren sitting in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G! First comes love, then comes marriage..."

Me and Raj burst out laughing at them. Felix looked like he felt so awkward and embarrassed, while Lauren was shouting back at the kids, "Hey don't sing that song! I thought we were friends!"

"And that's why you don't sit on a branch with one other person," I said, still laughing. I turned to Raj. "I think I'm going to join them." I dashed over to them, and joined the kids.

"Ugh Kaci, not you too!" Lauren groaned, giving me a grumpy look.

Remi, Takara, and Raj watched us with amused expressions.

A few minutes later, the kids got bored, and they went back to what they were doing before. Felix and Lauren got off the tree, glaring at me. "Aw, what's with the face?" I said to them, making an exaggerated pouty face.

"I'm never going up on a tree again," Felix groaned. "I either end up falling off or something weird like that happens."

"You're such a dork," Lauren said to him, laughing and rolling her eyes.

"I wish I would have recorded that," Remi said, snickering.

"Actually that's what I did," Takara said, grinning.

"You did? Awesome!" I exclaimed, giving her a high five.

"You guys are the worst," Lauren grumbled.

"But you love us," I said happily, batting my eyelashes.

"Do you have any more cookies?" Felix asked Lauren.

She checked container and nodded. "Yup I do," she said, handing it over to him.

"Nice!" He ate another cookie.

When Raj tried to get another one, Lauren slapped his hand. He gave her a look of disbelief. "What was that for?" He said.

"For laughing while Kaci and the kids sang that weird song!" Lauren exclaimed.

"I wasn't even part of it. If anything, Kaci shouldn't get a cookie."

"Hey don't drag me into that," I said.

"Well you did sing. Speaking about singing...I still remember you singing and dancing in the car-" He got interrupted when I grabbed his lips. "What are you doing?!" He tried to say as I still clamped my hand over his mouth.

"Are you going to kiss him?" Lauren asked.

I quickly let go of his lips, felt my face flush, and gasped. Raj's face turned red, and he awkwardly brushed his hair back. Way to go, Lauren.

"So...um...parks are fun," I said, quickly changing the subject.

"Yup, I love parks. Who doesn't love parks?" Raj said.

"Only weirdos don't like parks," Remi said.

"I agree," Takara said, nodding in agreement.

"Hey guys, it's getting dark. Want to head back to my place for some good dinner? I was planning to cook fajitas," Lauren said, grinning.

"Sounds awesome!" I exclaimed.

"You know if there's free food, then I'm always there," Remi said.

"Yeah, only weirdos don't like fajitas," Raj said, and we all laughed.

"That's what I was going to say." Remi kept laughing.

"Okay...well let's go," Lauren said. "The mosquitos are out!"

We left the park, and headed toward her house to hang out and eat dinner.

**********

A/N: So Kaci and her friends went to the park to hang out. Kaci and Takara get closer, as well as Kaci and Raj.

READ

VOTE

COMMENT