Chapter 19

{Picture: Kaci and Raj}

{Song in video: Rise Against - Swing Life Away}

Takara and I got to school at the same time. We went to our usual morning spot, which was outside the cafeteria. Everyone else was already sitting on a bench.

My face lit up as I sat next to Raj. "Hey," I said, and then we kissed.

"Awww," Takara said. Raj and I glanced at each other, and then jokingly nudged her. "Hey!" She gasped, bursting out laughing.

Lauren and Felix were talking and kissing. Remi looked around us, and groaned. "Ugh, I feel so alone," she said.

"You'll find someone, don't worry," I reassured her, smiling.

"Easy for you to say." She muttered.

Takara turned to Raj and I. "You know you two look like Eric and Ariel from The Little Mermaid," she said.

Lauren and Felix suddenly stopped kissing. "They do, don't they?" She said as her eyes widened. "That's so awesome!" She grinned.

"But Raj looks more like Aladdin," Remi said. "Eric has blue eyes."

Raj and I laughed. "He looks like both," I said, smiling at him.

"I should totally get a picture of you guys. You have to see it yourself," Lauren said. Raj and I stood up, and posed for a picture. Lauren took a picture of us on her phone. "Aw, you two look cute." She grinned.

Felix leaned to see what our picture looked like. "She's right, you two look like Eric and Ariel," he said.

Lauren stood up, and then asked a few random people if we looked like Eric and Ariel. They all nodded their heads in agreement.

"Well, I guess we're prince and princess," Raj said, smiling at me. "I'm your Eric, and you're my Ariel." He put his arm around me.

"I can live with that," I said, grinning and then kissing him.

"I'll send you two the picture," Lauren said.

"Does anyone have any gum?" Remi asked, glancing at all of us.

"I do. It's watermelon flavor," Takara said, looking through her bag and giving a piece to her.

"I like watermelon flavored gum." She shrugged as she took it from her.

"Anyone else want any?" She offered to us, raising an eyebrow.

"I do!" Lauren piped up, taking a piece. The rest of us shook our head.

The bell rang for our first period class. "I'll see you later," Felix said to Lauren, kissing her cheek, and then walking off to his class.

Raj and I walked in the hallway, holding hands as we went to our class. "Okay class, I would like to read you a few poems that you all did last class," Mr. Bentley said. "First, I'll start off with Raj's poem." Mr. Bentley read his poem aloud, and a lot of people turned in Raj's direction.

After he was done reading it, I turned to Raj and said, "That was really good. You wrote that yourself?" The poem was about love, or at least that was how I interpreted it.

"Yeah," Raj said, looking at the ground.

"Hey, I thought it was great." I grabbed his hands, and held them.

"Really?" He lifted his head, and softened his face.

"Of course." I grinned.

Remi turned to Raj, and whispered, "That was really good. I didn't know you liked poems." She grinned.

"Thanks, and yeah I do," Raj said, smiling.

"I wish I can write poems like that. I suck when it comes to that sort of thing. Poems are so hard!" Lauren said.

"It's really not that hard if you think about it. Your poem can mean anything you want it to mean. It doesn't have to rhyme, and it doesn't have to be really long for it to be good."

"Really?" She gave him a confused look. "I guess when you put it that way, it doesn't sound so hard."

"And another thing, don't try so hard. You'll end up over thinking it. Just relax, and let it come to you."

She sighed. "I'll try doing that next time."

"You can do it, Lauren," I said, giving her a reassuring smile. "I'm sure your poems aren't that bad."

"I hope not." She mumbled to herself.

Raj turned to me. "Hey, um I've been wanting to tell you that my parents wanted to meet you," he said, brushing his hair back.

My eyebrows raised in surprise. "Oh? I'd be glad to meet them. When will be a good day?" I asked.

"Maybe sometime this weekend? Whatever day works for you of course. I'm free this weekend."

I thought about my schedule for this weekend. "Hmmm...I think Saturday will be best. I work in the morning until early afternoon, after that I'm free."

His face lit up. "Great. How about five o'clock at my place? We'll eat dinner, and what not."

"Sounds good to me." I grinned.

"Don't worry about them, by the way. They're really laidback." He smiled.

"Oh okay, well that makes it better." I giggled.

"Class, you all are going to write more poems today," Mr. Bentley said, and most of the class groaned. "You can write it in any form. It can be however short or long you want it to be." He smiled.

We each took out a sheet of paper, and began writing poems. I smiled to myself as I was writing my poem, which had to do with Raj, my friends, family, and how thankful and happy I was to have them in my life.

By the time the class was over, I was done with my poem, and we handed out poems to Mr. Bentley.

**********

A/N: So just a usual day at school for Kaci, Raj, and friends. Raj is good at writing poems :)

Also, I like reading poems (sometimes I write them) but I'd rather write stories :)

READ

VOTE

COMMENT