Chapter 34

{Character in picture: Alexander Ludwig as Kurt Becker}

{Song in video: Hoku - Perfect Day}

We were getting ready to go to the Beckers' house this afternoon, but first we were waiting for Felix to come up here. He was on his way since he had finished going to the computer convention. He was third place, and we were very proud of him.

We were currently sitting outside in the backyard, staring at the ocean. It was a warm, and bright sunny day out. We were eating popsicles, enjoying the view.

"How far is Felix?" I asked Lauren.

"Umm...let's see. He left a little while ago so he should be here in maybe an hour, or even less," Lauren replied.

Raj put his arm around me, and kissed me.

"Does dad have any more popsicles?" Kristen asked me.

"I think he does," I replied, nodding my head. "I saw there was a few left."

"Oh okay cool." She smiled, and then walked back to the kitchen.

Raj raised an eyebrow. "She was being civil to you..." he said, looking confused.

I grinned, and giggled. "I know. It's because she's really interested in a guy," I said.

"Isn't she always interested in some guy?" He chuckled.

"Yeah, but this is a little more serious apparently. When she acts like that, that means she really likes a guy, and I mean REALLY likes a guy."

"It's true," Lauren said, not looking up from looking at a magazine.

"Huh..." Raj said to himself, still looking confused.

Just then, I heard someone honk from the front of the house. "Felix!" Lauren and I exclaimed, quickly running over to him. Raj chuckled, and slowly followed us.

As soon as Felix got out of the car, Lauren and I practically tackled him. "Hey guys," Felix said, his eyes widening.

"Hey!" Both of us exclaimed giddily, hugging him.

Kristen walked outside. "Good he's here, now we can go to the Becker's," she said, grinning.

I let go of Felix so him and Lauren could talk, kiss, and what not. I noticed Raj standing there awkwardly, so I went skipped over to him, grinning.

"Someone's really happy," Raj said, chuckling.

"Of course I am! This is one of the best spring breaks I've ever had. I wish Remi and Takara were here, but this is good too," I said.

"You're like a cat." He smiled, patting my head.

"What?" I laughed, looking confused.

"You're cute and playful." He gave me a half smirk.

"Thanks, I guess?" I giggled.

"Raj, you're so right!" Lauren exclaimed, turning to us. "Kaci is like a little kitty." She grinned.

"And Lauren is like a dog," Felix said, smiling.

She jokingly gave him a look. "How am I like a dog?"

"Like a golden retriever puppy actually. You're fun, funny, and playful." He grinned.

"Awww." She grinned back, pinching his cheeks.

"You're acting like my grandma. Every time she sees me, she pinches my cheeks."

She shrugged, and kept pinching his cheeks.