Chapter 5

{Character in picture: Haley Ramm as Kristen LaSpina}

{Song in video: MIKA ft. Ariana Grande - Popular Song}

As soon as me and Lauren were done cleaning up after work, we went over to her house. Her mom was still at the bakery.

"So do you know Raj that well?" I asked Lauren casually as we walked into her living room.

"Sort of. I mean, he is a regular customer of ours. We've talked quite a bit while he came around. I've never hung out with him outside of the bakery if that's what you meant," Lauren replied. She gave me a curious look. "Why do you ask? You still think he's cute?" She grinned, poking my sides.

"Stop!" I exclaimed, bursting out laughing when she poked my sides. After I settled down, I continued, "I was just curious, that's all. I don't remember you mentioning him."

She shrugged. "Well he was just a customer, but now since he comes to our school, I thought that we should be friends with him. That's why I invited all of us to hang out together." She took a few bites of nacho chips. "You still haven't answered my question. Do you think he's still cute?"

I sighed, knowing I couldn't back out of the question. Lauren wasn't the type to let things go. Whenever she wanted an answer to something, she got her answer. "Well yeah I think he's cute. Don't you?" I felt my face flush.

"Sure." She gave me a sly smile. "I think you and Raj would look cute together."

I blinked, raising my eyebrows. "Say what?"

"You and Raj should date." She grinned, taking another bite of the nachos.

My face felt even redder. "I don't know him that well!" I exclaimed.

"You're blushing." She gave me an amused smile. "And you can get to know him."

"Shut up!" I groaned, throwing a pillow at her.

She burst out laughing. "Hey I'm just telling you what I see. As far as I know, Raj is single." She winked.

"Okay so even if I think he's cute, that doesn't mean anything. I'm sure he already likes some girl. He called my sister a hottie, remember?" I scrunched my face at the memory.

"That's because he didn't know any better. I'm sure if he knew that you two were sisters, then he wouldn't have said that. Besides, he's a guy. Teenage guys think a lot of girls are hot or whatever. That doesn't mean he likes her though. You can think someone is attractive, and not actually like them." She raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah I guess you're right. But still, I don't think he likes me in that way. He doesn't even know me. Besides, I'm not sure if I even like him like that. He's annoying sometimes."

"It may be a little early to tell, but I think he's at least somewhat interested in you. He doesn't really talk to a lot of people, well that I've noticed anyways." She shrugged. "So I think that's a good sign."

"Hmmm, I guess so." I paused, taking a bite of the nachos. "Where's Remi and Raj anyways?"

"Remi had to do a quick errand, and Raj had said he had to do chores at home."

"Oh...right." I had forgotten that Raj was going to do chores. Why did I want him to come anyways?

"Could you pass me the queso dip?" Lauren asked in a Southern/Cajun/Louisiana accent.

"Why sure, sweet pea." I replied back with the same accent she did. Sometimes me, Lauren, and Remi would sit around and talk to each other in different accents. Don't ask why, it was just for entertainment or for whenever we were bored.