Chapter 24

{Character in picture: Skyler Shaye as Shoshanna Reeves}

{Song in video: Eden XO - The Weekend}

Raj, my friends, and I decided to go to Target on a Friday afternoon after school because we had nothing else better to do, and wanted to hang out. Afterwards, the girls and I were going to have a sleepover at my house.

"So you two don't have work today?" Felix asked Lauren and I as we walked into Target.

"No, not today," Lauren said. "My mom let me take a day off. I'm usually there every day though."

"Oh okay." He nodded.

I turned to Raj. "Should we get another cart?" I asked him, realizing Felix was the only one with a cart.

Raj shrugged. "I don't need one, but you can one if you want," he said.

"What are we here for anyways?" Remi asked as she ate her potato chips.

"I'm here for a blue blouse that I've seen on Pinterest," Lauren said as she scrolled through her phone. "See?" She showed us a picture of it.

"What is it with girls and Pinterest?" Raj asked, chuckling.

Lauren and I slowly turned to him. "Um, everything?" I replied. "You get different ideas from it, like recipes, clothes, and arts and crafts."

"Do you actually use it?" He raised an eyebrow, having an amused smile on his face.

"Well...sometimes for cooking and baking."

He chuckled, and then we walked over to the girls' clothes section.

"I see it!" Lauren exclaimed as she ran over to where the blue blouse was. After she grabbed it, she quickly went into the dressing room to try it on.

In the meantime, Takara went over to the makeup section, Remi continued eating potato chips, Raj and Felix were talking, and I looked around to see if there were any clothes I liked. I found a blouse and a skirt that I liked, so I went to the dressing room to try it on.

"Lauren, are you still there?" I called out after putting on the outfit.

"Yeah," Lauren said back.

I came out, and noticed the blue blouse on her. "It looks great!" I exclaimed.

"Thanks." She grinned.

I turned to the mirror, and was disappointed because the blouse and skirt were too big. It was hard for me to find outfits that fit me correctly since I was shorter and smaller than most other girls my age.

"Aw, it's okay Lil' Red." Lauren rested her elbow on my shoulder.

I rolled my eyes, laughing and nudging her away. "Are you going to get that blouse?"

"Yeah, of course."

I nodded, and then went back in the dressing room to change back to regular clothes.

A few minutes later, we went back to where Raj and Felix were. As we approached, I heard a girl's voice call out, "Raj?"

We turned to the girl, who was around our age. She had straight blonde hair, pink lipstick, pink blouse, denim jacket, blue jeans, and pink flats. She looked somewhat familiar, but I couldn't figure out her name or where I knew her from.

"Oh...hey, Shoshanna," Raj greeted her back, giving her an awkward wave.

The girl that Raj had written love poems in his notebook. That's his ex-girlfriend.