Chapter 27

{Song in video: P!nk - Missundaztood}

It was almost the end of the school day, and although a weird misunderstanding occurred, Raj and I acted normal toward each other. I didn't get a chance to tell my friends what happened, since I didn't want to say it in front of Raj, in case in would get awkward.

The bell rang a few minutes later, and as soon as it did, I met up with Raj in the parking lot.

"Hey, do you work today?" Raj asked after giving me a kiss.

"Yeah, but only until 5," I said.

"Oh okay. Well, I'll just go on over there anyways. I want some desserts." He smiled.

"Okay, see you then." I smiled back, and then walked over to my car.

A little while later, I arrived to the bakery and clocked in. "What am I doing today?" I asked Lauren.

"Let's see..." Lauren said, checking the schedule. "We're both cashier's today."

"Aw, okay." I tried not to sound too disappointed.

"Hey, it'll be fine. I'm here with you this time, so it won't be too boring. I know you really like baking."

"No, it's okay. I know we do other work sometimes. I'm glad you're with me when we're cashier's though."

Raj walked in through the door, smirking as he came up to us. "So you're a cashier today?" He said.

"Yeah." I sighed.

"At least I'll get to see you though. I can't see you when you're back there in the kitchen baking."

"That's true." I grinned.

Raj glanced behind him, noticing people waiting in line now. "I'll order already so I don't hold up the line. I'll have my usual."

"Coming right up." I smiled, handing him his desserts.

"Awesome." He smiled, and then walked over to a table.

For the next half an hour, it got somewhat busy. I'm really glad I had Lauren to help me out.

"Hey," I said, grinning to the next customer who came up.

"Hey," Shoshanna said, smiling. "I'll order a slice of pumpkin pie."

"Okay, coming right up." I gave her the slice of pie.

"Thanks." She took the pie, and sat down next to Raj.

Lauren and I kept busy up front, and a few minutes later, a girl, who looked about my age, came back up to us. "Hey, do you have a lost and found? I think I lost an earring here not too long ago," she said.

"Yeah, we do actually. Hold on," I said to her. I turned to Lauren. "Hey, I'm going to take her to the lost and found. I'll be back in a few minutes."

"Oh okay," Lauren said, nodding.

I took the girl over to the back, where the lost and found was. "Do you know what it looks like?" I asked.

"It's dangly gold earrings," she said.

"Oh okay. Well, I'll try looking into this cupboard. If not, we can look around the place."

She nodded as I went over to the cabinet and got the cupboard with lost and found items. "There's not really much in here. Just some bracelets and paperclips."

"Oh." The girl had a disappointed look on her face.

"Do you know where you last lost it? We can retrace your steps." I gave her a hopeful smile.