Chapter 15

{Character in picture: Blake Michael as Javed Singh}

{Song in video: Carly Rae Jepsen - This Kiss}

I was on my way walking out of the bakery to go home, when Raj stopped me. "Hey, Lil' Red," he said, getting my attention.

Lauren was behind me, and she gave me a quick glance, raising an eyebrow. I gave her a look to let her know to not act weird or obvious.

"Hey," I said back. "What's up?" I raised an eyebrow.

He brushed his hair back, glancing at the ground. "I was wondering if you wanted to hang out at my place. My brother and Tommy will be there, but I don't think they'll annoy us or anything." He chuckled.

"Yeah sure, I'd love to come." I smiled, brushing a strand of my hair back. Hmmm, he's been wanting to hang out with me lately, but that's probably just hanging out as friends.

"Cool. You can follow me on the way there. It's not too far."

I nodded.

Lauren turned back to me, and grinned. "He asked you to hang out with him with no one else around! That's major news," she whispered giddily.

"Calm down, he said his brother and Tommy would be there. It's not exactly romantic or like he'll have candles or anything," I whispered to her. "And don't act so obvious!"

"He has a brother?" She gasped.

I nodded. "Apparently, and he's Tommy's friend. Also, Remi and Raj are neighbors. They live a few houses away from each other."

Her eyes widened. "Really?"

"Yeah."

"Oh yeah, now that I think about it, I remember him mentioning that he has a brother."

"You forgot he had a brother?" I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah..." She winced. "Well he's not my man! He's yours."

"What are you two whispering about?" Raj piped up, giving us a weird look.

"Uh nothing!" I exclaimed in a high pitched voice.

Lauren gave me a look and whispered to me, "You should have kept your mouth shut."

"Oh really?" Raj said, not sounding convinced. He gave us an amused smile.

"Yeah," Lauren turned to him and said. She turned back to me. "Now he's going to be suspicious because of your squeaky mouse voice!" She hissed.

"I'll make something up if he persists," I whispered to her.

"You two are whispering again. Talking about boys or something?" He chuckled, having a smug smile on his face.

My eyes widened, and I gasped. I felt my face turn red, and I gave Lauren a look that said "help me."

"Um sort of," Lauren said, noticing my facial expression. "Just you know, girl stuff." She had a casual expression on her face.

"Sure it is," Raj said, winking and continuing to chuckle.

I felt my face flush even redder. Did he just wink at me?

"Well, are you ready Lil' Red?" He said.

"Yeah!" I said a little too loudly. I felt embarrassed all over again.

He chuckled, and we walked out of the bakery.

I went to my car, and waited for him to pull out of the parking spot. As soon as he did, I pulled out too and drove off behind him, following him to his house.